for planet cricket patch team

jimbob

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
which game are all you guys gonna buy BLIC, cric 2005 or both bcoz evry1 else should follow so they get the game with the most patches availible

jimbob

Club Cricketer
you might aswell buy the game that has the most and best updates or you get bored to easily.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd imagine that more patches will be made for the game that is better so we've got no idea until they've both been released. Plus we don't know if it will be easy or hard to make patches for the two games.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
RG mentioned on the Codemasters forums that the game would most likely be hard to edit (i.e. not having a very open file system) because that's what most Codemaster's games are like. His words (well, not exactly) not mine.

Cricket 2005 is very likely to be editable in terms of graphics, player stats and tournaments because Rugby 2005 was. I only said "likely to be" before all you lot tell me "how the hell could I know" and all that bollocks.

The Cricket 2005 graphics will most likely be in the same format as thr Rugby 2005 and FIFA files. I know a bit about most of the editors for this type of graphics format.

I'm going to guess that the cricket_pc.gob file will still be called exactly that, but will be a ".big" file in format - this is the same as Rugby 2005 and FIFA and there are plenty of extractors available for this file type.

If I'm wrong, we've got a whole lot of work up ahead...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think there is enough interest here to get whichever game you want and still have patches/edits for it.

jimbob

Club Cricketer
aprofromindia said:
Yeah codemasters are gonna encrypt the hell out of the file with Starforce I guess!

even if they do didnt codemasters promise official patches and updates ?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
jimbob said:
even if they do didnt codemasters promise official patches and updates ?

Yeah but there is a limit to what they can update due to licenses and what not. Their updates are more likely to be based around the actual executable program, rather than the "auxillary" files used for kits etc.

gold639

International Coach
If Cricket 2005 uses the Fifa file system,editing should be quite easy.

You have 16 zdata files,and 2 config files,which are very easy to edit(Atleast,I think they are :p)

Users who are viewing this thread