Forgive me for I have sinned...

wifler

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im a C2005 man but decided to see what Brian Lara was like, so borrowed it off a mate to try, and I was well dissapointed, its pap. I thought Id obviously need to give it time, but theres no realism in it, its even got fake names! No proper tours. The graphics are pants. So folks, next time we all complain about C2005 bugs, just remember it could be worse. The realism is what I like.

I have to say the only thing I enjoyed from Brian Lara was the classic matches, it brings a bit of light hearted fun to the game, and maybe EA could use something similar in future releases. Brian Lara is a tad more customizable, and something that I would love in the next EA Cricket game is the chance to create your own tours, so you can set up your own fixtures, dates etc and even rename a mini ODI tournemant that you set up in a tour, and even choose a trophy from a selction to win. It's things like that which make the game last and become so unique.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yeah well. You'll come over from the dark side eventually. Even the founder of the C2k5 fanboy club is now playing and enjoying BLIC!!!

wifler

Club Cricketer
I dont get it though, it could be a good game, but the poor cartoony graphics and stupid FAKE names really let it down, I think its pretty playable and would be better for multiplayer by a long way, but you've got to admit there is no realism. and surely thats not good is it?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well fake names aren't a problem as you can change them. Graphics don't bother me nearly as much as gameplay and the gameplay on BLIC is much better than C2k5. I've played some very realistic test matches.

Cowburn199

International Coach
I just dont like BLIC. I love Brian Lara 99 but the new one just doesn't do it for me :(
Cricket 2005 man all the way :)

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
wifler said:
I dont get it though, it could be a good game, but the poor cartoony graphics and stupid FAKE names really let it down, I think its pretty playable and would be better for multiplayer by a long way, but you've got to admit there is no realism. and surely thats not good is it?

A game certainly shouldn't be judged on its graphics and/or licenses. An old example; Fifa and PES. I prefer the latter simply because it plays a better game of football. Same with BLIC, I find it plays a better game of cricket (yes I have C2005, but shall be selling it). Why should we admit there is no realism when we find it more enjoyable and overall a better game?!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
Yeah well. You'll come over from the dark side eventually. Even the founder of the C2k5 fanboy club is now playing and enjoying BLIC!!!

:D

Yes i have to admit im loving BLIC now chaps. There was a time when i wouldnt of wiped my arse with it, but now i use ut instead of kleenex first thing in the morning.

The graphics are only good, if you have a top notch graphics card, granted. But the shot play is excellent, lacking front foot and backfoot shot buttons was a problem for me at the start. But not anymore, its now all about timing.
Bowling on C25k is to tedious, i never installed any patches so that was probably one of the reason's it annoyed me. I enjoyed the batting on C25k, but that was it. On blic i dont mind bowling as much.

The ai on both games arent the best, but at least blic ai, will put men back if you start slogging, or scoring quickly, cricket 2005 lets you get up to 75 before two men go back on the fence.

The shot animations in blic, are damm hot. Almost **** material.

The bit i like about ea sports are the masses of stats available, this is where codemasters were just daft. But i can overlook this. Plus the commentary on blic is so much better than cricket 2005, its unbelievable.

brad352

Executive member
The_gas said:
On blic i dont mind bowling as much.
Didn't you say in your story thread that you have to just bowl outside off to make sure they don't get out for the usual 80?

Cowburn199

International Coach
The_gas said:
:D

Yes i have to admit im loving BLIC now chaps. There was a time when i wouldnt of wiped my arse with it, but now i use ut instead of kleenex first thing in the morning.
:laugh

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
brad352 said:
Didn't you say in your story thread that you have to just bowl outside off to make sure they don't get out for the usual 80?

This was true at the time. I now however have the use of the player/team editor, so the cpu now post large totals.

ashu2411

International Coach
Since I have never played BLIC so I can judge which is better but I like c2005 ans I enjoy playing it with all the patches installed and I think it is a lot of fun too.

Users who are viewing this thread