Forum Status

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Discard any email you might have received and do not click the link.
I got the picture after I clicked the download button but thank god my anti-virus stopped the download.Using Abhas name in the E-mail made me think that it was a valid link.Where as I am also thinking how did they know Abhas is IT/CS background guy.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Oh sh!t right you are! How the hell did i end up here then? [HASHTAG]#baffled[/HASHTAG]

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nah mate clearly its a place for people with pet monkeys searching for ways to groom them...[HASHTAG]#nitpickers[/HASHTAG].org

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We'd never email you in that way, and we'd certainly never ask you to download any file like that. This really shouldn't need saying but you shouldn't trust any emails like that; may they claim to come from your bank or from us. Any important information would be posted on our facebook and twitter accounts, we'd never use some random .exe file thing that we email to you right after we got hacked. If you have downloaded whatever it was and installed it: do a virus scan right away get rid of whatever it was.

I didn't get an email, it just seemed to pick random people; perhaps the oldest members? Being an admin I thought that it was a cert that I'd get one, but apparently not...

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I got that email, but i didn't downoaded anything they said. As because the email was looking fishy!

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As soon as I saw the site was attacked, i was reading a discussion thread. Then I received an FB message from Sodium and I reloaded the same page which ended up the hacked version. Three or four other people too contacted me. I immediately messaged Abhas on facebook, he tried and after two hours he said Matt needs to wake up. I never received a mail from PlanetCricket in this course of time.

mattk

Club Captain
I didn't get an email, it just seemed to pick random people; perhaps the oldest members? Being an admin I thought that it was a cert that I'd get one, but apparently not...
It went to my spam folder so maybe yours just got blocked completely

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Actually, I will be switching to each thread every minute. My activity always keep changing. Well, I too didn't recieve any mail. Checked my spam folder aswell just to make sure if it got directed as "Spam".

I believe, the mail was sent to random members. So most of us din't recieve it.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
it just seemed to pick random people; perhaps the oldest members?
Don't think it's the oldest members. I've been here since '10 and didn't get any mail.

EDIT: I did get the mail, automatically went to spam. However the wording of the email was very fishy, I'd be surprised if anyone fell for it.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
i just checked my spam folder... there is msg from PlanetCricket Forum, i did not open and delete it... i just read the preview line and it something like this, 'we got hacked, but everything is ok now. for more detail we are inviting you in to private chat with Abhas...'

Users who are viewing this thread