Freezing Issues

rickyp

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ive been having some trouble lately with my Cric2005 freezing at random points during the game. I have tried removing all mods (eg. 4gb bats etc.) and it still happens

I have a Laptop with the specs:
Intel Pentium M 725 processor (1.6 GHz, 400 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache)
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700/64mb
40 GB HDD
512 DDR Ram

It only happens with this game, i can player higher spec games on this and they dont freeze (battlefield 1942, CSS, C&C Generals)

Any Idea's or suggestions on what i can do or what is happening?

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
How about the first law of Computer gaming?

If it goes wrong, Uninstall/reinstall.

leventia

Banned
I would try a few things. Try downloading the latest drivers for your video card. Secondly increase the aperture size in your bios, this increases the amount of system memory available to your video card when it runs out of memory. Thirdly try defragmenting your hardrive. Fourthly set anti aliasing to zero in the game settings.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I had a similar problem when I first got the game and it was being caused by system over-heating (I know it's winter in Aus!).
Check your PC health in BIOS as one of your fans may need replacing.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
i had got a similar problem when i played the game with net connection ON....i m not sure whether this is related but i ve observed several aplications ( even MS Word :eek: ) to freeze when internet connection is ON!!! Also i observed that i had no probs in game when the connection is switched off!!!

leventia

Banned
The reason that occurs surendar is due to the fact that when your online your pci device(modem) is having more access to the main system information pathway more commonly known as bus. In other words more of your processor speed is being used by your modem. There is a tool available that can rectify stuttering problems called pci latency tool. This tool can be useful in improving the smoothness of games and can also solve sound card problems when experiencing sound stuttering.

Users who are viewing this thread