Friedlele Creations - IPL 2018 Teams updated 08/04/2018

it's pretty difficult at this point to make kits because you can't import svg's to console... Making logos on console is a bit of a nightmare
it could be useful to just have Cricket Academy on PC so people can easily create these Teams players and logos.

As a Kent fan I can say now that the only departure for this season is Coles to Essex. All few players got released but I don't think they were in squads. I also have reason to believe the ODC and T20 kits will stay the same. I do think that the 2017 teams would be a good start place because I don't want to wait until March before any English teams are released.
Edit: don't have game yet but I will soon. So can do some players for Kent and other counties
Fellow Kent supporter here - I'm currently in the process of doing everything for Kent except kits. My faces aren't the best, so happy for you to improve on them if/when you get the game - my aim is to get a passing resemblance!

The real question is which players to include. As you say, it makes sense to use the 2017 squads or we'll have some barebones squads without any international players. Then it comes to who to include on that front - all the players who appeared for Kent during the season e.g. Weatherley, Yasir Shah, Neesham? Or only those who were still there at the end? Would be good to have something consistent that we can do for every county.

Fellow Kent supporter here - I'm currently in the process of doing everything for Kent except kits. My faces aren't the best, so happy for you to improve on them if/when you get the game - my aim is to get a passing resemblance!

The real question is which players to include. As you say, it makes sense to use the 2017 squads or we'll have some barebones squads without any international players. Then it comes to who to include on that front - all the players who appeared for Kent during the season e.g. Weatherley, Yasir Shah, Neesham? Or only those who were still there at the end? Would be good to have something consistent that we can do for every county.
I'd go through and fix the names first. Otherwise, if you have to add players, you might get sucked down a rabbit hole of updating Afghanistan domestic players like I did this afternoon.

@wasteyouryouth names have already been sorted for all those who were in the Kent squad on the game as it arrived. I had to create four players as they weren't in the game - all four having only played first class cricket at Kent, so won't be at other teams. However, I've also temporarily removed any players who won't be playing for the club next season. That means there's no Coles (who played a lot in the season just gone) and no international players, of which we used a few during the season, making it a very barebones team. The question is (and this should be the same for all county teams I think) which players do we include/leave out?

@wasteyouryouth names have already been sorted for all those who were in the Kent squad on the game as it arrived. I had to create four players as they weren't in the game - all four having only played first class cricket at Kent, so won't be at other teams. However, I've also temporarily removed any players who won't be playing for the club next season. That means there's no Coles (who played a lot in the season just gone) and no international players, of which we used a few during the season, making it a very barebones team. The question is (and this should be the same for all county teams I think) which players do we include/leave out?
With the season so far away, I'd be inclined to leave them as they were and leave it up to personal preference for people to change. When I do a side I usually set up their line ups based on the most recent side for the format (unless I get more in depth and do them on averages). But that might just be me. I think getting all the player names sorted and shared makes it easier for someone to oversee the updating of the squads.

On the other hand, unless players get injured in career mode (I genuinely don't know), I'm sure it wouldn't make much difference by having a bare bones squad. That is unless you end up having a squad with say 9 bowlers and 4 batsmen. Then setting up a balanced side is tough. Maybe when people have done a team if they just post to the community collab thread and explain what they have done, if they are going to do more or want someone else to do more complex stuff like faces or logos. Then people can just pick it up and say 'I'll do that' otherwise this thread might get swamped with discussion, I dunno how llewelyn feels about that.

Do you need any photo research done for kits? or photo research for anything else?

If so, I can post here like these 2 or send the info straight to you somehow.

Current India Test kit

Attachments

• IndiaRightSleeve.jpg
    IndiaRightSleeve.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IndiaTestKit.jpg
    IndiaTestKit.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 5
Just mentioning something I said in another thread:

Is anyone interested in starting a Google spreadsheet to keep track of these heroic efforts? It would help consolidate the community's efforts and have a one-stop shop for finding which authors have contributed to which teams / stadia. I'm a bit too busy atm but if someone was to create one, they could invite other content creators with editing rights to build up a definitive record of what teams / stadia / players to get from which authors.

Right now I'm trying to keep an eye on four different authors and it's kind of hard to tell what to get from who - so a community 'Get Best' spreadsheet would definitely solve this problem!

In fact, nevermind, I'll put my money where my mouth is:

Link

If anyone's a creator wants edit rights, PM me your email addy (or another way to verify).

Do you need any photo research done for kits? or photo research for anything else?

If so, I can post here like these 2 or send the info straight to you somehow.

Current India Test kit
This kit has been up since day one[DOUBLEPOST=1510950129][/DOUBLEPOST]
This kit has been up since day one
Okay just realised it was a suggestion for future teams. Sorry

I think adding all the players who played for Kent during the season is a good idea. I wouldn't take Coles out until all kits and squads are finalised for 2018. This goes for the whole 18 counties. Hopefully some of the more experienced guys can get the county players looking exactly like their real life counterparts. Last year Sam Northeast had a ginger mullet!
Side note: I played Charlie Hartley (now left) at DBC 17, and won!

The updated Zimbabwe looks terrific, great job to those who did it.

A tip for people re-downloading teams...delete your current version and then download the updated version. IMHO it prevents headaches of the team not updating, or having two of the same teams or the new team in one place and the on disc team in another, etc.

If I am wanting to do a career with all the proper teams should I wait until Christmas and get it as a gift or buy it now and enjoy the base game and wait for career?

@Llewelynf noticed cobras playing in an orange variant of their kit for the RAM SLAM T20 last night! :)
Fixed and shared[DOUBLEPOST=1511053011][/DOUBLEPOST]
If I am wanting to do a career with all the proper teams should I wait until Christmas and get it as a gift or buy it now and enjoy the base game and wait for career?
I would get it regardless. It really is awesome[DOUBLEPOST=1511053062][/DOUBLEPOST]
The updated Zimbabwe looks terrific, great job to those who did it.

A tip for people re-downloading teams...delete your current version and then download the updated version. IMHO it prevents headaches of the team not updating, or having two of the same teams or the new team in one place and the on disc team in another, etc.
I put that up as a hint in the OP a few days ago as well.

Users who are viewing this thread