Story FTP: A Team Diary

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've decided to do a From The Pavilion Diary since I'm crap at battrick and alright at this game and I thought I might do a FTP Diary. I started playing this at the start of season 6 and its around 3/4 through season 7 now. Anyway, here it goes.

Team Background:

Hedger's Team was taken over by Brendon Hedger starting in Division 7 in Australia, hoping to guide the team to success. Over the last season, Hedger has looked to the transfer market to sign new blood and getting rid of the people who were on the team when he first became manager. The team topped the OD Div 7 with 13 wins out of their 14 matches to win the league on a better net run rate than second place. They also came 1st in T20 and 2nd in the Youth League. They would have been promoted in all 3 forms of the game but the manager requested a move to Bangladesh where they currently sit in 1st for OD and 3rd for T20 as well as being in 5th in the Youth League with 4 wins and 3 losses.

Team/Player Records:

Highest Individual Scores (OD):
1. Stephen Byrne (215)
2. Stephen Byrne (195)
3. Stephen Byrne (193)
4. Ernest Clay (190)
5. Ernest Clay (189)

Highest Individual Scores (T20):
1. Thomas Taafe (130)
2. Stephen Byrne (122)
3. Stephen Byrne (120)
4. Thomas Taafe (114)
5. Dion Tribe (110)

Highest Individual Scores (Youth):
1. Shaun Barbour (162)
2. Julian Longney* (161)
3. Robert Hawkins* (160)
4. Julian Longney* (154)
5. Julian Longney* (145)

Best Bowling (OD):
1. Scott Arthur (6/8)
2. Gilbert Black (5/13)
3. David Dumaresq (5/58)
4. Farrukh Naeem (4/6)
5. Fred Tindall (4/8)

Best Bowling (T20):
1. Gilbert Black (6/20)
2. Gilbert Black (6/21)
3. Cariman Surujnarine* (4/5)
4. James Fiebig (3/0)
5. David Dumaresq (3/5)

Best Bowling (Youth):
1. Fred Tindall (5/16)
2. Huntley Preen (4/18)
3. Fred Tindall (4/24)
4. Gavin Hele (4/28)
5. Shaun Barbour (4/39)

Highest Team Totals (OD):
1. 459/2 against Newport-Digman
2. 422/2 against barnabus11
3. 419/3 against Flying Cows
4. 415/4 against ph@tboyzXI
5. 412/2 against Bushrangers

Highest Team Totals (T20):
1. 250/3 against wall cc
2. 232/2 against husseys heroes
3. 227/1 against Scotland Wombats
4. 222/2 agaisnt Paloona
5. 214/5 against The Bulls

Highest Team Totals (Youth):
1. 363/3 against ph@tboyzXI
2. 336/2 against Srbija's Finest
3. 323/2 against Wollert
4. 314/1 against Bushrangers
5. 278-5 against mirpur11

* Does not play for Hedger's Team anymore (Either retired, was fired or transferred)

Fixtures and Results:

1Fixtures.jpg

2Fixtures.jpg

Squads:

Senior Squad:

Scott Arthur: 31 years old, RHB, LM, Australian.
Role: Bowler
OD Career Performance: Batting - 235 runs @ 9.79. Bowling - 52 wickets @ 52.13 (55 Matches)
T20 Career Performance: Batting - 93 runs @ 11.62. Bowling - 48 wickets @ 30.85 (53 Matches)

Notes: Only played 1 OD match since joining the club for a fee of $2000. Bowled economically in 3 T20 matches but not really a first team player.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keya Bisht: 28 years old, LHB, RM, Bangladeshi
OD Career Performance: Batting - 167 runs @ 33.40. Bowling - 9 wickets @ 41.33 (14 Matches)
T20 Career Performance: Batting - 154 runs @ 77.00. Bowling - 23 wickets @ 13.87 (18 Matches)

Notes: He scored a century on his T20 debut for his old club but has been a bowler at his new club. He was a starting player in Season 6 but has started to drop away from the first team during season 7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gilbert Black: 22 years old, LHB, RFM, Scottish
OD Career Performance: Batting - 157 runs @ 19.62. Bowling - 25 wickets @ 12.60 (22 matches)
T20 Career Performance: Batting - 111 runs @ 11.10. Bowling - 33 wickets @ 9.55 (27 matches)

Notes: The spearhead of the teams bowling attack, performing ever since joining Hedger's Team for $3000. He has taken 2 T20 5 wicket hauls and is pretty economical as well. He is still young which is a bonus. The only downside is his strength which can be worked on through his 20's.

Rene Butler: 30 years old, LHB, LFS, English
Role: Batsman
OD Career Performance: Batting - 1128 runs @ 49.09. Bowling - No wickets (42 matches)
T20 Career Performance: Batting - 654 runs @ 38.47. Bowling - No wickets (30 matches)

Notes: A reliable middle order batsman in OD cricket and has lost his place in the T20 side. He hits some nice runs down the order. His time is nearly up though into his 30's now with some young talent developing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephen Byrne: 21 years old, LHB, RFM, Irish
Role: Batsman, Vice Captain
OD Career Performance: Batting - 1727 runs @ 123.36. Bowling - No wickets (22 matches)
T20 Career Performance: 926 runs @ 57.88. Bowling - 1 wicket @ 6.00 (21 matches)

Notes: Byrne signed with Hedgers Team early into Hedgers managing career for $15000. He looked a promising player when signing after scoring over 2000 Youth runs at an average of over 50. He made his One Day debut with a good knock of 91* off 61 deliveries coming in at #3. He batted there as well in his next OD game and scored 195*, a game that he will never forget. He has continued his form throughout his time and has been the clubs most consistent batsman and could be on the verge of an Irish cap if he continues to improve. He has also scored 6 OD and 3 T20 centuries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Carrington: 21 years old, RHB, RFS, West Indian
OD Career Performance: Batting - 4 runs @ 2.00. Bowling - 3 wickets @ 48.33 (6 matches)
T20 Career Performance: Batting - Has not batted. Bowling - 7 wickets @ 14.86 (6 matches)

Notes: A West Indian offspinner coming into the club. He has not had much game time while being with Hedger's Team but could develop into a fine bowler later into his career.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dhrtadhiti Chandiramani
Nationality: Indian
Bowling and Batting Type: LHB, LFM
OD Batting Average: 40.00 (10 matches)
T20 Batting Average: 37.00 (12 matches)
OD Bowling Average: -
T20 Bowling Average: -

Notes: An aggressive batsman who hasn't played too much cricket for the club.

Ernest Clay
Nationality: New Zealander
Role: Opening Batsman
Bowling and Batting Type: RHB, RFS
OD Batting Average: 74.22 (22 matches)
T20 Batting Average: 42.39 (32 matches)
OD Bowling Average: 159.00
T20 Bowling Average: 342.00

Notes: A good opening batsman for the club, the second highest T20 run scorer of season 6. He is still pretty young but will never be one of the star batsman.

David Dumaresq
Nationality: English
Role: Bowling All Rounder, Captain
Bowling and Batting Type: RHB, RM
OD Batting Average: 31.49 (69 matches)
T20 Batting Average: 12.38 (59 matches)
OD Bowling Average: 35.30
T20 Bowling Average: 17.75

Notes: The captain of the team and the veteran bowler in the lineup. His fitness is a worry and is looking to step down as captain which could open up a spot for either Stephen Byrne or Fred Tindall.

James Fiebig
Role: All Rounder
Bowling and Batting Type: RHB, RWS
OD Batting Average: 32.50 (16 matches)
T20 Batting Average: 24.25 (29 matches)
OD Bowling Average: 21.44
T20 Bowling Average: 19.90

Notes: Hedger's Team's biggest transfer paying $200,000 at the start of the season for the allrounder. He has a lot of his career left and has already became a normal starter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Lane
Nationality: Australian
Bowling and Batting Type: RHB, RM
OD Batting Average: 207.40 (16 matches)
T20 Batting Average: - (0 matches)

Notes: Still yet to play a T20 game but has been a consistent OD batsman for the team which includes 5 centuries and 4 fifties. A usual #4 or #5 batsman normally hits an unbeaten innings to help the team to a better score. Could definately be a star player in a few years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warren Martin
Role: Opening Batsman
Bowling and Batting Type: LHB, RM
OD Batting Average: 87.25 (11 matches)
T20 Batting Average: 33.75 (13 matches)

Notes: The clubs opening batsman while in Australia but has lost his spot in both forms of the game since moving to Bangladesh. He lost his OD opening batsman spot to the all rounder, James Fiebig and Stephen Byrne in the T20 version of the game. He is still young though which is a good sign for the English batsman.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake Miller
Nationality: U.S.A
Bowling and Batting Type: RHB, LM
OD Batting Average: 60.96 (37 matches)
T20 Batting Average: 21.62 (47 matches)

Notes: A talented batsman but just doesn't have the fitness to perform at his best. Hasn't really performed in T20 with only one career 50 but has been a good OD batsman with nearly 1500 career runs.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
FTP! I used to love that game till the match engine became too random and 'realistic' for me. Felt like you had no control...

Anyways, good luck with this!

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Whats the fun in that. Why do you want to know everyone's abilities anyway. I've decided that I won't bother with all the stats on each player. I'll put down there name, age, nationality. Anyway, I'll post it like this

Name:
Role:
Bowling and Batting Type:
OD Batting Average:
T20 Batting Average:
OD Bowling Average:
T20 Bowling Average:

Notes:

Last edited:

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
From the pavillion, aye? Diffirent, I'll give you that.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I was going to write up a preview for todays match but FTP did something that I hadn't seen before and didn't go to the right site.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Twenty20 Div 4.7 ~ Hedger's Team vs Scotland Wombats

Preview:

I was expecting nothing less than a win against 7th place, Scotland Wombats at home. I decided to play 3 spinners and 3 pace bowlers on a dry pitch, expecting the pitch to turn later in the game. I rested 3 of our main bowlers, Keith Pinch, Gilbert Black and the captain, David Dumaresq who were not in the best fitness and decided to give Scott Arthur, William Muddle and Mohamed Usman a chance. A total of 170+ should put us in a good position if we batted first.

Squads:

Hedger's Team:
1. Stephen Byrne
2. Ernest Clay
3. Thomas Taaffe
4. Jake Miller
5. Dion Tribe +
6. James Fiebig
7. Scott Arthur
8. Farrukh Naeem
9. William Muddle
10. Mohammad Usman *
11. Fred Tindall

Scotland Wombats:
Fergus Milne
Godfrey McKenzie
Rory Young
Godfrey Martin *
Gordon Milne
Gilchrist Muir
Alexander MacLeod
Gregor Black +
George Craig
Oliver Wallace
Godfrey Millar

First Innings:

A crowd of 6950 turned up at Hedger's CG to watch the match. They won the toss but surprisingly sent us into bat. Clay went 4 balls into the first over hitting it back to Milne at mid on. 3/1 after 4 balls. Not the best start. Taafe and Byrne batted well reaching the 50 partnership in 29 balls with Byrne moving to 33 off 17. Wallace got Taaffe in the next over though, plumb LBW. Miller was run out a bit later and the score was 85/3 after 9.5 overs. Byrne moved onto 50 and it was in our favour crusing along at 8.5 an over. It could have been costly when Tribe was dropped on 15. Byrne brought up the fifty run partnership with a big 6. Byrne was most likely to make a century, with still 3 over's to play and on 84*, but was stumped by Black off the bowling of Milne trying to dance down the wicket to play a shot over mid wicket. Tribe being dropped proved costly as Dion hit 3 consecutive boundaries and then brought up his 50 with a 6. We finished the innings 192/4, an easily defendable total.

Second Innings:

William Muddle opened the bowling and struck early with the wicket of Milne and then followed up with the wicket of Young caught by Byrne at slip. Arthur got a wicket the next over with the batsman not realising he is out of his crease and Tribe throws at the stumps and Martin was out stumped. It was a good first 5 over's Scotland Wombats sitting at 12/3. Tindall, the main spinner got 2 wickets in 3 balls, both stumped with Tribe doing some outstanding work behind the stumps to pick up his third stumping of the match. Naeem was the second player to be on a hattrick so far in the game but couldn't do it as they fell closer to defeat. He also was on a hattrick again in his next over but they were all out so he didn't have a chance at getting the hattrick. 42 all out, a disastrous batting performance by the opposition.

Review:

A great performance by the team in both batting and bowling. All batsman made starts other than Ernest Clay and put up a huge total. All bowlers bowled well either taking wickets or bowling economically, Naeem bowling superbly with 4 wickets from 1.4 over's. The team all up put on an astounding performance, despite being big favourites to win the match. A 150 run win is a good result and takes us to 3rd on the ladder.

[URL="http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=400284]Scorecard[/URL]

Code:
[B][U]Match Ratings:[/U][/B]
                                  Hedger's Team        Scotland Wombats
Batting - Top Order:       5,716                    2,331
Batting - Middle Order:    3,163                    2,400
Batting - Tail:                2,257                    1,622
Bowling - Seam:             6,388 (5)               2,492 (6)
Bowling - Spin:              7,020 (5)                2,480 (4)
Fielding/Keeping:            4,625                    2,604
Overall:                        89,684                   44,037

Last edited:

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
This is nice thought and good work... Well done mate... You make me to write my FTP Team Diary... :laugh

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Youth Div 4.2 ~ Hedger's Team vs Ellerbeck​

Preview:

It should be an easy win against last place, Ellerbeck. I'll expect a big one from the youth team, and with a big win, the team could move from 5th to 3rd with the mid table so closely contested. Also playing on a dry track so the spinners will be heavily involved. I only decided to use 2 part time spinners though but it shouldn't be that bad for the team. Anything above 250 in the 40 overs against the opposition will make me happy.

Squads:

Hedger's Team:
1. Bilal Khaleel
2. Gavin Hele
3. Murray Oldroyd * +
4. Donald Ellis
5. Joshua Boyle
6. Cosmas Chinamasa
7. Huntley Preen
8. George Walker
9. Greg Mackay
10. George Fitzpatrick
11. Ariyapala Baddewithana

Ellerbeck:
1. Leonard Stacey
2. Phil Bruce
3. Marty Lockie
4. Jason Elliot *
5. Harry Williams
6. Robert Johnson
7. Benjamin Stevens
8. Charles Triscari
9. Alfred Kirby +
10. Norm Smeaton
11. Vincent Kenny

First Innings:

Jason Elliot called correctly but decided to bowl first which I was happy with anyway. 3,341 turned up at Hedger's Team CG to watch the game. It was a good opening 10 overs being no wickets down and cruising at 7 an over. Hele was unlucky not to get 50, going for a well made 49. Khaleel brought up his 50 however off 52 balls and well on track for a big score. Khaleel was run out right on the 30 over mark for 93 after a huge mix up by the batsman. Another run out came later as Oldroyd was millimetres short of his ground. Ellis' unbeaten 44 off 26 deliveries gave the team some important runs finishing the innings on 301/3.

Second Innings:

An easy win I thought so I told the bowlers to quickly get it over. They did just that as Ellerbeck fell to 7/3 after 5 over's. No wickets came in the next 5 over's however as they moved to 23/3 after 10. 4 wickets in 4 over's was pretty good however as we moved closer to victory. Note went down as the team dropped 2 catches in 3 over's to focus a bit more on fielding. Ellis got 2 wickets in 2 balls and they went 9 down. Ellis was still on a hattrick but he would have to wait until next over if there was one to see if he gets a hattrick. He didn't get his hattrick though. We bowled them out for 62 in the end a big win.

Review:

A big win for the team even if it was always going to be that way. I was happy with the performance though and a score of 300 in 40 over's as well as bowling the opposition out for under 60 is always a good sign. The team now moves up to third in the Youth League still 8 points behind second and 12 points behind first. Hopefully the team can play like this in the rest of their matches. Everyone batted well no one scoring below 20. Preen, Chinamasa and Ellis were the good bowlers taking 8 wickets between them.

Code:
[B][U]
Match Ratings:[/U][/B]
                                      Hedger's Team       Ellerbeck 
Batting - Top Order:           3,108                  1,609 
Batting - Middle Order:        2,669                  1,220 
Batting - Tail:                    2,000                  930 
Bowling - Seam:                 3,733 (8)             1,712 (6) 
Bowling - Spin:                  3,295 (2)              1,681 (4) 
Fielding/Keeping:                3,497                  2,134 
Overall:                            57,826                 29,005

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Transfer Search:

For the first time since the start of the season, Hedger is going for some new talent on the transfer market. Bob Kwistel is his latest target bidding $179000 for the Netherlands 20 year old bowler. He could be a good bowler, even if he only bowls some medium pace. He also seems to be going for Australian batsman Francis Foley. He is a senior batsman who could bring some experience to the club.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Whats the fun in that. Why do you want to know everyone's abilities anyway. I've decided that I won't bother with all the stats on each player. I'll put down there name, age, nationality. Anyway, I'll post it like this

Name:
Role:
Bowling and Batting Type:
OD Batting Average:
T20 Batting Average:
OD Bowling Average:
T20 Bowling Average:

Notes:

Because I want to see how good your team is... What do you mean "What's the fun in that" - It's not like its a game where we have to guess how good your players are and buy them...

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well all my team players have their skills revealed so if you have an account, then just check my team and have a look.

hedger_14 added 3 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

anyway, if you dont have FTP, then most of my players have reliable/accomplished primary with reliable technique and the other abilities vary.

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
Yes.... It is difficult to paste all players full skill here...

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Senior Training:

Pops:
Keya Bisht - Power - Ordinary to average
Rene Butler - Power - Poor to Ordinary
Mohammed Usman - Technique - Average to Reasonable

Users who are viewing this thread