Story Full English County Season - Warwickshire

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ashley Giles was named Man of the Match. Giles bagged 8 wickets in the match, and scored a quickfire 30 runs off 33 balls in the 1st Innings.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
In the Division 2 match between Essex and Durham at Chelmsford, Steve Harmison picked up 7 wickets in the match including 5/67 in the 1st Innings. Durham yet lost the game.

tjh1989

International Cricketer
Great match and you did well by getting second spot how come Glous didn't get the same amount of bonus points for bowling as you, was it something to do with the wickets taken and how quick, whats the next match, lookin forward to the totesport leagues games goodluck with Warickshire but i hope leicestershire win.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
thats because if you pick up 9 or all 10 wickets withing the 1st 130 overs of the 1st Innings, then you get 3 points, where as, if you pickup 7-8 wickets you get just 2 points. Since I declared with the score at 427-7 in the 1st Innings, I did not allow them to take any furthur wickets and hence not pick up that extra point. I wanted to score above 400 since u get 4 points if u score 400 or above within the 1st 130 overs of the 1st innings.

tjh1989

International Cricketer
Thats clever stuff you did there and its allowed you to score more points who are the next opponents for the bears.

tjh1989

International Cricketer
I was just wondering if you were going to incorporate the sixes league table into your season like the one sky sports are currently doing you will be playing against Vaughan when you play yorkshire.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
sorry mate but there are no stats for the total no. of sixes in the season, but I will be running a seperate competition for the total no. of hundreds and the total no. of wickets in the entire season, which will be called
The Planetcricket Maximum 100s League
and
The Planetcricket Maximum wickets League, repectively.

I will be considering the county championship, totesport league, and the c & g trophy. Twenty20 will NOT be considered.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
FRIZZELL COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP
Second Match
Warkwickshire vs Yorkshire
Edgbaston, Birmingham

edgbaston.jpg

Welcome to Edgbaston for this Frizzell County Championship match between Warwickshire and Yorkshire.

Conditions: Sunny, Hot and no chance of rain.
conditions.jpg

Pitch: Normal
pitch.jpg

Toss: Nick Knight won the toss and elected to bat first.

Teams:
teamwarks.jpg

teamyorks.jpg

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Update
Day 1 At Lunch,

WARKS 68-1 (1st Inngs)

A good steady start by the bears, although they have lost the wicket of Mark Wagh. A beautiful yorker from Silverwood, had no answer from Wagh, and the middle stump was uprooted. An absolute screamer of a delivery from Silverwood.

Stats
stats_1_lunch.jpg

Highlights from the first session
pic1.jpg

tjh1989

International Cricketer
good idea about the 100's and wickets looks a nice day for cricket looking forward to a good contest.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
UPDATE
At Tea Day 1
WARKS 144-1 (1st Inngs)

A solid partnership between Nick Knight and Ian Bell sees Warwickshire in a rather comfortable position at tea on day 1. Yorkshire bowlers have kept it tight in terms of line and length, but havent been able to dismiss any of these two batsman. This partnership is turning out to be a dangerous one for Yorkshire, and they need to break it, before it becomes a bit too late.

Stats
stats_1_tea.jpg

Highlights from the session
pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread