Full English domestic season

Phineas

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it possible to play a full English domestic season in the game using a county team such as Yorkshire?

I know in the career, you control1 player, but is it possible to play a season as a whole team and compete in the county championship, Pro 40 and 2020 matches?

Thanks lads

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've not tried but I believe the tour and tournament creator is quite extensive so I reckon it would be.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if you can. I haven't tried extensively but I might try the tour creator to create a teams fixtures. It won't be tracked but oh well

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
You can using competition mode, provided the competition structure is default or you've already created it in the academy.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Tour mode you will have to create it in parts if you just want your teams fixtures. As you are only allowed a set amount of warm up games (which is the only way to set the fixtures you like). I managed to create the first five County Championship matches for Lancs. I definately think @BigAntStudios should look at a season mode or just a creator like the tour creator. The demand is there and it could allow you to recreate some historic seasons. (Lancs 2011 Championship Win)

Phineas

Club Cricketer
Seems like a lost opportunity to me.
It would be good to play through an entire County season controlling 1 or all the teams ala games like Fifa or Nba.
That way would be more immersive as you could play as all players and then adjust test teams according to current form as you please.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Seems like a lost opportunity to me.
It would be good to play through an entire County season controlling 1 or all the teams ala games like Fifa or Nba.
That way would be more immersive as you could play as all players and then adjust test teams according to current form as you please.

The "Season" or "Team Career" mode would be a nice addition to the existing individual "Career" mode in future iterations. In the first iteration I think Big Ant got it right by focusing more on individual career mode.

Phineas

Club Cricketer
Team career doesn't interest me as much as a full season controlling all the teams tbh. I do agree the career mode is spot on as well.
I do however believe that a sport as stat oriented as cricket needs a full season option to complement a players chosen test selection.
Cant fault the current go tho. It would be an excellent addition to a future game.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Seems like a surprising omission? I figured this would be in the competition mode.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I would just allow more options in the competition creator for now. Allow 18 team league structures and set something up there

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Could you do a full Australian domestic season, since there are only 6 teams?

Now the season really is separated, with the 50 over games at the start in a short bunch, then the Sheffield Shield, then the Big Bash, then the end of the SS. I therefore don't think you'd necessarily have to create a competition where all 3 forms were incorporated, but just have them separately.

Users who are viewing this thread