Game Mode Question

brown

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys, quite new to cricket games (Have only played Cricket 07 before), but keeping an eye on this game as it sounds highly promising.

I play cricket for a team in real life, and on cricket 07 I tend to create my team on it, and use my team to play through a domestic season (so on cricket 07 that is the LV County Championship, C&G Trophy, Natwest Pro40 and Twenty20 Cup), and I was wondering if this is possible on Cricket 14?

I have read that their is a player/team creation centre, so the first part is possible, but that in the career mode you can only play as one player and it's almost like a "be a pro" mode in Fifa.

So would it be possible for me to play through a domestic season (or number of seasons like in Cricket 07) with my created team?

NathanScott45

Club Captain
Hi guys, quite new to cricket games (Have only played Cricket 07 before), but keeping an eye on this game as it sounds highly promising.

I play cricket for a team in real life, and on cricket 07 I tend to create my team on it, and use my team to play through a domestic season (so on cricket 07 that is the LV County Championship, C&G Trophy, Natwest Pro40 and Twenty20 Cup), and I was wondering if this is possible on Cricket 14?

I have read that their is a player/team creation centre, so the first part is possible, but that in the career mode you can only play as one player and it's almost like a "be a pro" mode in Fifa.

So would it be possible for me to play through a domestic season (or number of seasons like in Cricket 07) with my created team?

There's a Q&A thread for this stuff. I don't know the answer, wouldn't surprise me if you can, but I can't be 100%.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You can create tournaments of different types of matches (t20,odi,40 over, 3/4days/tests etc) in the editor and play those tournaments with your team.but this will not be a season mode, rather an individual tournament mode.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Put it this way - in the CA; you could plan for two-innings limited overs games that last over multiple days - ANYTHING is possible... bar timeless tests...

brown

School Cricketer
I've read through both the Q&A as well as the career mode thread and saw that they initially planned a manager/player based career mode which sounded perfect, only to change it to just player based which personally I'm not interested in (in Fifa I always play on manager mode as I enjoy managing the whole team instead of one player, don't enjoy be a pro on that either) and I haven't read anything on whether we will be able to play through a domestic season or not as the whole team instead of just one player.

So is it safe to assume that I will have to create the tournaments and play through them individually on the tournament mode, if I want to play as a whole team through a domestic season?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i don't think they have any licenses other than bradman. so i don't think it would be possible, other than by creating various individual tournaments and playing them separately. (so you could create a 4 day, pro40 and t20 tournament and play each of them)

brown

School Cricketer
Okay it seems like this won't be possible then, are there any other cricket games out there that you can create a team full of custom players and play through a domestic season? In cricket 07 the AI were terrible at batting and I was bowling the best teams out for 50 runs on the hardest difficulty.

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
i don't think they have any licenses other than bradman. so i don't think it would be possible, other than by creating various individual tournaments and playing them separately. (so you could create a 4 day, pro40 and t20 tournament and play each of them)
@blockerdave: You've been here quite for a while now, and you should know that license doesn't matter for DBC 14 as there is Cricket Academy to do anything with your game,. download Real players, tournament, matched umpires from all over the world and edit them as much as you like.
Okay it seems like this won't be possible then, are there any other cricket games out there that you can create a team full of custom players and play through a domestic season? In cricket 07 the AI were terrible at batting and I was bowling the best teams out for 50 runs on the hardest difficulty.
@brown: You've misunderstood this mate, probably because of b.dave giving you all those info. Here, in DBC14 you can create a team full of custom players and play through a domestic season. Anything you want is possible.. (have to stay in cricket though :p)... And they've have a real physics engine, mentality, tactics, decisive AI included into this game, So difficulty will realistically change this time... Stay with us, and you'll know it all.. :thumbs

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave: You've been here quite for a while now, and you should know that license doesn't matter for DBC 14 as there is Cricket Academy to do anything with your game,. download Real players, tournament, matched umpires from all over the world and edit them as much as you like.

what i meant was, as there was no license, i didn't think there would be a "play an english county season" option, and if you wanted anything like that you would have to create separate 4 day, pro 40 and t20 competitions and play them separately.

if in CA you are able to create a season including mutliple formats, i'm very sorry i hadn't noticed that. (and how awesome that would be!!)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
BD your wrong, there will be more licence and soon we will know.
Ross said other legends also, Steve Waugh please.:spy

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
if in CA you are able to create a season including mutliple formats, i'm very sorry i hadn't noticed that. (and how awesome that would be!!)

You can do just that. It's the tournament creator... there's a demo "Ashes" series in there right now with Tests, T20's, ODI's, Warm-Up games all over months of scheduled cricket.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You can do just that. It's the tournament creator... there's a demo "Ashes" series in there right now with Tests, T20's, ODI's, Warm-Up games all over months of scheduled cricket.

how awesome that will be ;)

----------

BD your wrong, there will be more licence and soon we will know.
Ross said other legends also, Steve Waugh please.:spy

sounds amazing. hopefully both bodyline squads!!

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
This is why we need to support the game, and also accept that the release date is timed so the game sells the most. If the game does well, then Bradman Cricket 15 can have a manager mode!

Users who are viewing this thread