Future cricket club

shawnymike88

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been a fan of cricket for about a year now, watching it in various forms while attempting to play it as best as I can with mostly american, baseball-intended equiptment. I'll be going to college in the fall and I'd really like to start a cricket club while im there. But looking at the high prices for club kits, id almost have to either get it sponsored or take donations from everybody that is going to play...and even then..its still expensive. So if anybody would have ideas about where I could get a fairly basic club kit for a resonable price...I'd appreciate it! Plus any tips on even how to get people together to start the club in the first place would help as well!

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm, well I don't know what they sell in America, but if you want very cheap bats you can get them as low as $40 AUD, which is low quality, $100 onwards are decent (this is all AUD), btu fi you want the best they go up to about $400 that's the advice I can give you, I would go about low bracket prices if I were you, starting up a cricket club, just for starters, because you don't know if the guys will like it and play for a long time, and if you find some success start to buy better things.

Other than that I have never started up my own cricket club so I can't really help you, but good luck.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not sure how popular cricket is in PA, but I know a lot of the schools there have their own cricket teams. A fellow poster from another forum tried out for a team in Philly, but he sucked :p. How far is York from Philly?

shawnymike88

School Cricketer
Really..around here nobody that I've talked to even knows how to play the game. My english teacher said he saw a group playing "a wierd game" in my area, he didnt know what it was though, so it couldve been people playing cricket..not sure though. But we have one or two groups that play on a few parks' basball diamonds during the summer, so I may try to get in contact with them. but to answer your other question, York is about 80 miles east of Philadelphia, basically draw a straight line across the state from Philly and you'll cut right through York.

Users who are viewing this thread