Future stars

Is it just me or that the Husseys (Michael and David) are both crap in the slips. They drop too many catches. David Hussey once dropped 3 catches off Mark Richardson (Surprize! He still is playing in 2009!) and the cheeky git helped the kiwis win the match.

2 awesome players there. is it 2036 wkts that it resets at cs im pretty sure thats how many i had a guy on on ICC 2001 and it reset

Just a few quick hints re the future -

Allrounders are the most precious resource in the game, especially in the longer form of it (though it doesn't hurt in the shorter, too). If you can bat down to number eight, that's awesome. Following that is probably a good spinner, then good paceman, then good keeper. Batting can be "improvised" a lot easier than a good bowling attack.

The best allrounders are stronger bowlers. Try to use your international selections on allrounders. You MUST use one of them on Shane Watson. He is, without a doubt, the best player in the game. Sure, he's not quite as good with the bat as Tendulkar, and not quite as good with ball as Murali, but geez he is very good with both. Don't waste your selections on batsmen as they are pretty thick on the ground and don't win you first-class matches. Good bowlers are more important. Other allrounders to consider: Mohammed Islam, Gareth Batty, Cam White (though his bowling isn't yet good enough), Chandana if you're into the quick-fix.

Alex Louden (Warwickshire) is a solid spinning all-rounder if you can get him, and Matt Prior is the best Wicketkeeper-batsman I've had as yet.

yeah with my international selections i always get an allrounder who is a good spin bowler, usually manjural islam, who is a paceman in real life i think, but oh well, and another allrounder who is a batsman that can be the 5th bowler, doesnt have to be a star bowler, just average under 30 and over 40. got an unreal allrounder from the second team in the 2007 preseason, second team averages were 52 batting and 22 bowling, medium fast bowler, hopefully the next flintoff;) and made 83 in his first match and took 3-60 and 0-48, but had 6 other catchable shots (edges) in the 2 inns.

Last edited:
Freddiefan mentioned Matt Prior, and he is definately one of the best men behind the stumps I've ever had. For some reason he is only classed as a keeper, but averages over 35 in a bad year, and around 45-55 in a good year, also doesn't seem to drop anything.

Fully agree with Watson and Afridi, Islam too all being awesome. Gareth Batty was amazing in the one day game for me, took around 52 wickets at 11's but didn't really get any first class wickets as for 2 years Danish Kaneria consistently picked up over 100, and then Harbhajan Singh took even more in his only year. Would recommend either of them as a signing.

With Kaneria I generally moved his aggression bar up one and bowled him on that setting and he was superb. For Harbhajan I bowled him with 5 aggression bars but the field on the fourth setting.

Users who are viewing this thread