Game Pad Problems

Avfc1874

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

I have just purchased Cricket 2004 . I am unable to use a game pad with the game i have calibrated the controller as described in the manual . I have tried 3 game pads a ps2 controller via a us adapator and a thrust master every time i click on re map controls it does not allow me to select any input method other than the keyboard. It says in the manual that the game supports controllers with up to 6 axes and 16 buttons. I have tried to speak to EA who are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Can some one please help before i return the game for a refund as i do not want to play it using a keyboard . When i check configurations my system meets all of them iam using direct x 9

Thankyou

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Or try a non-USB gamepad. You have to select gamepad from the controls menu before you can calibrate it.
Also I can think of many more uses for a chocolate teapot than I can for EA technical support :P

Attachments

• crc2002.JPG
    crc2002.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1

Avfc1874

School Cricketer
Thanks for the advice its now working fine i think it was the usb keyboard that was causing the problem i ve now plugged the keyboard in ps/2 port using an adaptor and its fine . Cant believe how so much better the game is with joy pad. Top site glad i found it. EA Support is a bag of shite :up :up

l6a6w6s6

School Cricketer
My joypad interfaces fine but is a pain to work with. Like almost every controller i've ever tried the d-pad is very vague. Eg. Try and play up+front foot for a defensive shot and most of the time it will think you are trying to press up/right and the player will attempt to sweep and get bowled. Very frustrating indeed.

I've never had a problem though with playstation controllers so please can you link me to info on the usb adaptor you mention for using a psx controller with the pc. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread