Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
- Jan 3, 2018
- Sheffield, England
- Profile Flag
English cricket is in disarray.
After the latest embarrassing chapter against Australia, the English test team looks more directionless and outmatched on the world stage than they have in decades.
Something need to change, or the current course could be irreversible.
Welcome to Enough is Enough, my new Cricket 22 story charting England’s (hopeful) rise from the cricketing doldrums and back to international test relevance.
The goal is to try and scale the heights of the cricketing world, culminating in the 2025/26 Ashes down under and a potential shot at redemption.
We’ll be kicking things off in early 2022, with the upcoming test series against the West Indies on the horizon.
I’ll utilise some video as well as written updates to paint a picture across how the team is developing, as people sometimes prefer to consume these things in different ways.
To view my YouTube channel, CLICK HERE.
Each “story” post will begin with a header like the one at the very top of this intro, so feel free to chip in with comments and discussion, main story posts should still be easy to pick out. I’ll also create a contents page so that when each post goes live people can follow along or jump to a specific update that they’re interested in.
A few other notes for interest:
- I’ll be using my own sliders, and the latest version of the Slider Spreadsheet, available HERE. I plan to use the home/away modifiers and where possible, some of the additional drop down options as well.
- I’ll be using reskilled teams, which are basically scaled down versions of those that come with the base game. Reduced judgement, reduced power, reduced skills. For more info on how I’ve done it, go HERE.
- Players will earn attribute boosts and losses based on their in game performances. Teams will be picked in part based on their overall attributes, but also their current form, age and potential. This story will evolve over time as some players grasp their chance for international stardom, and others let it slip away.
- Injuries can and will occur, with players missing time to various degrees depending on the injuries they sustain. I can’t just roll with the same players across four years, sometimes people will need to sit out, regardless of how good they are.
- I’ll be manually stat tracking the competitive games I play, so there will be a page below for those numbers as we go.
I’m unsure, given real world commitments, how often I’ll end up pushing out content. It could be a slow burn, especially given the number of games and series involved, but that said I’ll try to keep the flow of content coming as frequently as I can. I find that these types of stories give me more purpose to the games I play, and I can scratch a creative itch as well as a video game one at the same time.
So there we go. The road to the 2025/26 Ashes starts here!