Gameplay Sliders/Modifiers Discussion

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tried Twistie’s settings , very difficult, not impossible though , nice edges , more slip catches , keep getting bowled through the gate by the spinners , good fun and rekindled my interest in the game, career mode btw

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The only thing I will mention AI selects human field when enabled also allows them to use any user created field presets rather than the one's already in game.

rocky393

Club Captain

The settings I currently use.. Have been getting really good balance in batting and some great looking AI dismissals while bowling..

Can I use these settings for all 3 formats?, if possible can you make 3 different videos for 3 different formats please. BTW I just love your YouTube videos and especially the tutorial ones.

Edit: Also, I’d like to bring to your notice that in one of your YouTube tutorial video I observed that you said to just press L1 or R1 for sub-length but as far as I’ve played the game I feel to get the sub-length right you have to hold the buttons instead of just pressing it, please correct me if I’m wrong....cheers

Last edited:

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Tried Twistie’s settings , very difficult, not impossible though , nice edges , more slip catches , keep getting bowled through the gate by the spinners , good fun and rekindled my interest in the game, career mode btw

update - very difficult- lots of edges , unusual dismissals , only down side is ball keeps going through middle of the bat when facing spinners and stumps splattered ( not through gate as first thought ) ... averaging 20 as opener after 2 seasons.... battling on ...

Antman

School Cricketer
Twisties is my go too for batting. I made 163 with Zimbabwe in my first innings against Ireland; but then in my second innings I battled on and made 464, Williams going on to make 123. Set at least for me is the perfect balance. MUCH better than default hardest, but with a better balance and no cheesy dismissals (at least for the most part). There may be some wonky dismissals at times but I feel thats just the game. Lots of bugs that Big ant have yet to address, nearly 2 years since release which is a joke tbh

I only play test matches; lowering the run rate to 25 is my go to. Having it at 50, the AI bats way too aggressively and feels trash. They'll block for 5 balls, and then hit one for a four every over. No variety at all.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is there a slider that can be tweaked to reduce the ball going through the middle of the bat like in the attached ?

Attachments

• 75F12DA7-3782-468F-957D-BEAD9D477192.jpeg
    75F12DA7-3782-468F-957D-BEAD9D477192.jpeg
    797.5 KB · Views: 20

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can I use these settings for all 3 formats?, if possible can you make 3 different videos for 3 different formats please. BTW I just love your YouTube videos and especially the tutorial ones.

Edit: Also, I’d like to bring to your notice that in one of your YouTube tutorial video I observed that you said to just press L1 or R1 for sub-length but as far as I’ve played the game I feel to get the sub-length right you have to hold the buttons instead of just pressing it, please correct me if I’m wrong....cheers
Thanks for the kind words.. As far as different videos for different formats can be made but I simply change the runrate from 20 to 50 for ODIs and T20s.. Maybe will play around with it more to see whether there's some other tweaks which would make it better..
As far as I know its press for sub lengths and hold for fast and slow ball variations..

Pratip007

School Cricketer
I am kinda frustrated with the ai as the players are playing t20 like it's a test match and scoring 7 of 15 balls and edging almost every ball in an over. My wicket chance is 30 for less edges and bowl quality is 100 and striker timing and run rate both are 85, still they play like it's a test match. Does anybody has updated sliders to make t20,odi and test interesting and realistic with less edges in t20 and odi?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Here are the sliders. I want everyone to know that I am doing this under protest due to all the terrible messages I got from some of you. If you have to threaten to rape and kill someone who was away dealing with COVID just becasue you want some computer game sliders, you have a problem!

TEST

View attachment 239929 View attachment 239930 View attachment 239931 View attachment 239932 View attachment 239933 View attachment 239934[DOUBLEPOST=1604988042][/DOUBLEPOST]ODI

View attachment 239941 View attachment 239942 View attachment 239943 View attachment 239944 View attachment 239945 View attachment 239946
Can someone post twisite sliders info?

Obscure_Worship

School Cricketer
It's hard to believe that as many users are on this forum NOBODY has done any meaningful slider tweaking. There's a good game somewhere in Cricket 19. ANYBODY have ANY interest in actually adjusting sliders not just mixmatching difficulties?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's hard to believe that as many users are on this forum NOBODY has done any meaningful slider tweaking. There's a good game somewhere in Cricket 19. ANYBODY have ANY interest in actually adjusting sliders not just mixmatching difficulties?
Please share your meaningful slider tweaking.

Users who are viewing this thread