Gameplay Videos

Ideally i would like if just RS is moved without input on LS it must be operated as leave.

I've not been too impressed by the "leaving ball' in DBC14 since the academy. Neither the buttons used to execute the leave nor the animations, which I feel are a bit slow and clumsy looking. I too feel as you say grkrama that moving the RS with no input on LS would be the best way. Maybe pushed forward for a front foot leave ( lifting the bat out of the way) and pulled back for a back foot leave ( dropping the bat down). Then duck could be either a button or by pulling back the RS twice quickly.

His leg was touching the rope as he picked up the ball. Now unless I'm very much mistaken doesn't that make it four runs?

From cricinfo: According to the current law, a boundary is scored if (i) the ball either touches the rope or is grounded after the boundary, or (ii) the fielder, while in contact with the ball, touches the boundary or has some part of his person grounded beyond the rope.

He jumped over the rope, feet were in the air at the point of contact with the ball.

...that being said the new law change made recently means players can't leave the field of play then reenter it to field/catch/stop the ball. So technically what we saw wouldn't be allowed today.

The more I watch it, the more I'm convinced he is sliding along the rope not over it. I need another angle. Does the boundary rope move in the game when you touch it or is it fixed?

It's fixed, necessecary evil I imagine, unfortunately. But he's definately in the air, diving over.

I just hope they fix that stupid bit with fielders moving away from ball and then diving back towards the ball.

Outcomes and gameplay come first, function over form. When the gameplay is better balanced we'll look more closely at the animation etc..
So do we need to compensate on the graphical representation??

Users who are viewing this thread