General Cricket Discussion

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I would like him to finish 100+ with 4 more ODI tons too.

Congrats to Tendulkar.
Crackers' sounds coming here.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I must say I was so happy to see Sachin score his 50th hundred. I wonder if this record will ever be broken. Cook is scoring a lot of centuries but he will struggle to get even close to Sachin's record.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A Yoga coach for the Indian team for the South African tour. Now what was the need of this! :facepalm

The Yoga coach is former Zimbabwe all-rounder, Neil Johnson.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I think its too early to discuss on that, plus it haven't been decided. I have a personal feeling that it might be in Australia and New Zealand.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Pakistan and India are two very similar countries. Both have very same cultures, environment, cuisine etc...

Then why is it that one has produced such great faster bowlers but struggled to produce batsmen and vice-versa for the other? Seems like the patition of 1947 was of pacers and batsmen.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
No idea about the batsmen, but the quickies are not produced due to the pitch types. The pitches here are not much suited for pace bowling and when the player goes hard at such pitches, the chances of an injury are very high.

The grooming cricketers here are asked to slow down the pace and the pressure exerted by their front leg on the pitch to have less chances of injuries playing in India.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^No pitches are the not the reason. Fact is India in their earlier years produced great batsmen and young Indian cricketers always tried to follow in their footsteps. Hence, India has never been short of good batsman. Pakistan however had faster men being idolized since the inception of test cricket. Most young people here to try to bowl as quick as Imran, Wasim, Waqar and Akhtar. That is why there has never been any scarcity of speedsters here in Pakistan.

Varun

ICC Board Member
They developed reverse swing. So maybe, there coaches focused more on bowling, while we were overflowing with batting talents like Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid, and not to mention the spinners - Bishan Singh Bedi, Harbhajan, Kumble etc.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
If India needs some good fast bowlers in future, Zaheer Khan needs to trun into a legend and rediscover the pace of 145 KPH. Highly unlikely.:p

Users who are viewing this thread