General Cricket Discussion

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
She is still not the fastest female bowler in the world :rolleyes

Stuart Broad?

:lol I remember he was on Jonathan Ross a few years ago and he told him that the Proteas call him Baywatch. He used to take it as a compliment, thought they were referring to David Hasselhoff. But at the end of a series, he asked them why - "Well, you're Pamela" :lol

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, I meant all test.

NZ vs IND - 2/3 draws
SL vs WI - 2/2 draws
PAK vs SA - 2/2 draws
AUS vs ENG - Heading towards 1/1 draw

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah I am sick to death of these boring high scoring draws. I can't see how anyone can find that enjoyable. Even in NZ now we produce roads, when we used to play on greentops. Anyone remember that series where we played India and both teams got like 90 in their first innings. That was exciting stuff. I miss how in India you would get dustbowls over here and in England would be good for swing and seam and in Australia pace and bounce. It seems like every pitch is pretty much the same these days.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yeah I am sick to death of these boring high scoring draws. I can't see how anyone can find that enjoyable. Even in NZ now we produce roads, when we used to play on greentops. Anyone remember that series where we played India and both teams got like 90 in their first innings. That was exciting stuff. I miss how in India you would get dustbowls over here and in England would be good for swing and seam and in Australia pace and bounce. It seems like every pitch is pretty much the same these days.

Yeah, what's lacking these days is a genuine significance of an away tour. It's starting to lose meaning. Each country should provide a distinctive and unique challenge.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
in England would be good for swing and seam

You miss that in English conditions? Those traits are most definitely there. Did you not see the test series (both England vs Pakistan and Australia vs Pakistan)?

ferg512

International Coach
You miss that in English conditions? Those traits are most definitely there. Did you not see the test series (both England vs Pakistan and Australia vs Pakistan)?

Yeah but I still mean in general the pitches are flatter, that probably wasn't a great example as I thoroughly enjoyed both of those series in which the bowling dominated.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Australia's chief problem is that they are moving from yesterday's team to tomorrow's side and trying to regain the Ashes in the meantime. The 2013 Ashes outfit is handy and likely to include Phillip Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Michael Clarke, Shane Watson (batting at No.4), Shaun Marsh, Steve Smith, Michael Beer, James Pattinson and Josh Hazlewood, plus another opener and whichever fast bowler is still standing. The team representing England ought not to be too confident it can beat that lot.

Peter Roebuck | The Ashes

First I've seen someone rate Beer so highly, he's been solid so far like most of our spinners.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
eah but I still mean in general the pitches are flatter

I'd disagree still. Apart from the usual flat tracks (The Oval and Lords) most other test grounds are bowler friendly.

Trent Bridge is a swingers dream, Old Trafford is fast, bouncy and spins, The Riverside is again a bowling wicket, Headingley is well known for the ball seaming and swinging and the Swalec usually spins big. Edgbaston can be both.

So as I said I disagree with the notion that England is alot flatter and lacks those aforementioned attributes. Look at County scores of last year as well extremely bowler orientated.

ferg512

International Coach
I'd disagree still. Apart from the usual flat tracks (The Oval and Lords) most other test grounds are bowler friendly.

Trent Bridge is a swingers dream, Old Trafford is fast, bouncy and spins, The Riverside is again a bowling wicket, Headingley is well known for the ball seaming and swinging and the Swalec usually spins big. Edgbaston can be both.

So as I said I disagree with the notion that England is alot flatter and lacks those aforementioned attributes. Look at County scores of last year as well extremely bowler orientated.

Yeah I agree. That was a silly statment but I was more concerned with the rest of the world really. English test matches are always very good to watch, but any cricket in the subcontinent thesedays I just lose complete interest because of the flatness of pitches.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From 2012 to 2020, England plays the most tests as well as ODIs (along with Sri Lanka). Pakistan on the other hand has very few matches. This is what was the outcome in the recently decided FTP for the eight years.

Team - Tests - ODIs

1. Australia - 87 - 144
2. Bangladesh - 42 - 81
3. England - 97 - 159
4. India - 81 - 151
5. New Zealand - 65 - 151
6. Pakistan - 56 - 97
7. South Africa - 74 - 133
8. Sri Lanka - 74 - 159
9. West Indies - 71 - 115

Users who are viewing this thread