Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
ICC will grant T20I status for all 104 member nations.
What if a great batsman from, say Zimbabwe, plays against weaker bowling attacks and smashes big score after big score. He will be statistically the greatest T20I batsman.
It is a good proposal, but they should be divided in divisions to make it more balanced

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What if a great batsman from, say Zimbabwe, plays against weaker bowling attacks and smashes big score after big score. He will be statistically the greatest T20I batsman.
It is a good proposal, but they should be divided in divisions to make it more balanced
I still do not mind that as long as smaller nations get to play T20’s. Like I would love to see a T20 match between Jersey and France or Zimbabwe taking on Germany.

Them problem is not who will become a beast playing a smalles less developed nation, problem is whether even after having interntional status how will that country be treated and how many chances do they get. I can understand ICC not allowing all 102 countries to play in thenWC but like Fifa can have a 48 team T20 WC. ICC has now decided it seems that T20 will be their go to format to expand cricket and I seriously feel that is good but now decide whther those 90 odd countries will they be given equal chances?

S

Satan666

T20 stats are worthless.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23519474/cricket-canada-inaugural-t20-league-begin-june

Can't wait to go and watch a cricket game in person for the first time. Will try to go for a couple of games, take pictures and post them here. This is a really good move by Cricket Canada. We can attract new members to the sport if competitive games are being played consistently. However, one big problem is the ground is not the best facility, which could be a bit of a problem.

Expected this to be longer, but it's a very good step into promoting cricket in Canada with leagues with this. Will be exciting to see which players are going to come through. Expect numbers and revenue pouring in considering the high amount of people of South Asian descent. Hope this season is successful so it can be expanded next year.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
ABD has announced retirement from international cricket! :(

Not that surprising. I expect him to just play T20 leagues around the world.

The greater effect is once again on South Africa - losing one of the best players in the side. First Rilee and Abbott through Kolpak deals and now AB is also gone. Really losing their batting resources.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...th-named-marquee-player-canada-t20-tournament

Lol! Looks like Smithy is coming to town! I wonder what fans here will do when he comes. Make a few posters making fun of him?

Worrying enough, I'm not sure how Cricket Canada is fiancially viable to pay these players accordingly. I don't expect more than half of these players to turn up for this tournament if Cricket Canada isn't able to pay these players. For all these marquee players to come to Canada, the government needs to take decisive action and help to make this work and make it successful.

Hope this is successful, even though I am very surprised Smith came. As much as I am angry and disappointed at his cheating, his batting style will be exciting to see in person.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If we cannot get teams like Scots, UAE, Zims etc to participate in the WC why not have a Associate Nations Cup? So instead of World Cup we can have Champions Trophy played every 4 years with Top 12 teams. Teams ranked 10 and above play in Associate/Affiliate Nations cup. Winner and runner up qualify for Champions Trophy. World Cup with 10 teams should not be called a WORLD CUP when there are other teams available who could play in the competition.

D

Deleted member 46200

If we cannot get teams like Scots, UAE, Zims etc to participate in the WC why not have a Associate Nations Cup? So instead of World Cup we can have Champions Trophy played every 4 years with Top 12 teams. Teams ranked 10 and above play in Associate/Affiliate Nations cup. Winner and runner up qualify for Champions Trophy. World Cup with 10 teams should not be called a WORLD CUP when there are other teams available who could play in the competition.
Sorry, the world cup should always be the bigger tournament and inclusive, two pools of seven. I know this will take a long time but it should be the pinnacle and celebration of cricket... The champions trophy should be the top eight in two pools of four... The world cup should be special and the big celebration of cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread