General Cricket Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My conspiracy theory is that boards are making these spicy pitches to make their argument for four day tests in the near future. I also believe it’s the BCCI at the front of this.

What proof do I have, you ask? Well it’s simple. The fact that Ramiz and PCB made five day lasting highways for their home tests is all the proof you need.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The broadcast rights holders will pay the entire amount despite the the actual number of days cricket is played , right?

Could a case of not wanting to make the TV channels richer as well. Far fetched theory, but cannot rule out ,given that some rights holders have been around for more than half a decade now.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Two interesting notes on the qualification for the next U19 WC, in SL:

1- UAE finished 9th out of 16 teams, ahead of teams like West Indies and Ireland, yet still had to go through qualifiers. WI and Ire, meanwhile, automatically qualified. UAE have actually missed out now despite winning the Plate trophy, after losing to Nepal in the Asia qualifier finals. Seems kinda unfair.

2- After skipping the last WC, NZ have to go through qualifiers now. They'll probably still qualify, but it's still pretty interesting. Maybe ICC can make qualification mandatory for all teams except the hosts? This will allow teams like to face even if they don't qualify, which gives them valuable experience and helps globalize the game. U19 is a good place to start, especially because even the good teams only play 2 series a year.

Screenshot_2023-03-06-15-27-34-24_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.jpg

Already qualified:
SL (hosts)
All other full members except NZ (auto)
Nepal (Asia qualifier winners)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If they ask full members to qualify, a situation may potentially arise where say an India doesn't qualify. That means the ICC's profitability goes for a toss. They wouldn't risk it.

I am a fan of this concept tbh, but it will not work in cricket. Even if they look at this for the T20 formats the Big boards losing out means curtains for the event. Actually, India missing out, not the others tbh.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
If they ask full members to qualify, a situation may potentially arise where say an India doesn't qualify. That means the ICC's profitability goes for a toss. They wouldn't risk it.

I am a fan of this concept tbh, but it will not work in cricket. Even if they look at this for the T20 formats the Big boards losing out means curtains for the event. Actually, India missing out, not the others tbh.
From the Asia qualifiers, they can easily reserve 5-6 spots. I mean it's a possibility that a team like Ban/Afg have a horror tournament and miss out, but it'll be near impossible for a team like Ind to miss out. Especially at U19 level.

B

Bigby Wolf

Sehwag was a different beast altogether.

There won't be any player like him ever, the man was ahead of his time all the talk about bazball man used to do that years ago , remember him Smacking Murali and Mendis on a square turner and getting 200.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

wasteyouryouth

Verified