Geoffrey Boycot on my aquissition of Cricket 2005: E Bay Gum!!!

D

Dutch

Yeah, I don't need the rep, I can work it out :p

What was dutchy actually asking?

Just saying that my copy of Ea C05 has arrived and that I will be needing the assistance of my friends to set it up properly! It reminds me of my dad who visiting France replied to the waiter who asked him what he wanted:

Un petit dejuner l'Anglais avec tous les commerce sil vous plait! (For those who were playing with their or someone else's scrotum during French: an English breakfast with all the business please!

Needless to say the waiter looked confused!

D

Dutch

Meh............what the heck is going on??? I have installed the game, set everything up with the help of Highlander and now the game cannot find the profile, rosters or saved games and i can't save any files to the hard disk from out of the game...any ideas (apart from use the CD as a beer mat!)

I have to tell you that I think this game has got better game play (particularly bowling) than C07 (patched).

Anyway did you know there is a Yorkshire version of E Bay???

It is called "E Bay Gum"!

Last edited by a moderator:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The profile, rosters and save game files should be in 'My Documents' > 'EA Sports' > 'EA Sports Cricket 2005'

D

Dutch

The profile, rosters and save game files should be in 'My Documents' > 'EA Sports' > 'EA Sports Cricket 2005'

That's the problem: they are there in that place but when the game starts up there are no profiles or rosters or anything to load and I cant save anything to the disk. Truly stumped.:(

D

Dutch

Hmmm, the strange thing is that I could play the game no problem at all and suddenly I can't. What is going on?

D

Dutch

Like Colin said, it might be permissions related.

How can I see that and what does it need to look like? I am running Windows 7. Sorry for being a complete dustpan and brush when it comes to computer related matters. I am to technology what Al Queada is to public relations.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Right click on the folder and look at the security tab in properties. You may need to edit them to give read/write access.

D

Dutch

What the duck! When i click on the folder properties it says read only, so I unclick it and apply and then when I go back it is back to read only......meh! Any ideas Colin????

D

Dutch

What the flipping heck and three tons of bloody lumpy gravy!:noway:mad:

Just started up Cricket 07 to see if that works and it is doing the same!!!!

What the canary is going on!

All the files are in the right place in the Documents folder: when I open either game it asks me whether I want to save my profile: however it wont let me save and all boxes are empty: no rosters, saved games or anything.

I am truly stumpulated!

Users who are viewing this thread