IPL Gilchrist's role as a captain in winning tournament

coolz_hari

International Coach
Gilchrist's role as a captain in winning tournament

Share your opinions on gillie's captaincy & his role in Deccacn chargers team to lift 2nd IPL trophy

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
It doesn't hurt to have Gibbs, Rohit Sharma, Symonds, Ojha and RP Singh in your team. What I feel is that Deccan could have won the IPL so much more convincingly if they kept Dwayne Smith in the XI. Gilly + Gibbs + Dwayne Smith + Symonds + Rohit Sharma = CARNAGE!

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It doesn't hurt to have Gibbs, Rohit Sharma, Symonds, Ojha and RP Singh in your team. What I feel is that Deccan could have won the IPL so much more convincingly if they kept Dwayne Smith in the XI. Gilly + Gibbs + Dwayne Smith + Symonds + Rohit Sharma = CARNAGE!
Too bad you can't have 5 international players in the team.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'll tell you what, even forgetting the batting, Gilly has been exceptional behind the stumps.

8 stumpings is phenomenal, I think most of them came off ojha. He had a great tournament and I think the confidence gilly gave him wicket-keeping was the main reason for that.

for someone who quit international cricket because he was worried about his catching he was incredibly sharp.

King Cricket

International Coach
The credit of this Deccan triumph can be given to just one person- Adam Gilchrist! :hpraise:happy Hats off to him!! With all respects to the other performers of the DC team, it was all Gilly, actually. The way he shaped this DC team after last year's horrible show, the way he led, the way he batted, the way he encouraged the youngsters- IT WAS TRULY AMAZING. DC deserved to win this IPL, what a team! What a captain! In one word, it was a "Gilly Gilly GO Hocus Focus!!!" :p

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yaa surely they have win because of gilly see at the semi final gilly win the match means what a innings by a retired player he played not his role in final but as a captain he played his role very well he was giving bowling to new indian domestic players and they were quite expensive in starting overs but then in last overs they were taking wickets hats of to gilly:clap

Users who are viewing this thread