GK thread (GK-4: Top-20 Global IT Companies)

Ritwik

co-founder
However this has a simple theory.In ancient times, people were celebrated for bravery/honour and other things which tests the strength of soul.

However in new age, money has been associated with sucess, which in turn has always been associated with strength of soul.
Money is a simple indicator for many people to gauge a man's spirit, when they do not know the man personally.

It's true too to some extend, people like Bill gates, Steve Jobs(), dirubhai Ambani all got rich purely they had strength of soul.

I fact, the case point:IITTIANS
U know how difficult it's to get into one of these, and how much u can earn after u do graduation from these institutes.It's a simple case of vice versa.

however, I u consider siblings of rich people, and many who inherited wealth, they are rather..... disspointing.

this theory is what we call natural evolution of human behaviour

(It's amazing how simple concepts can explain such difficult things.)

Depends on one's point of view really. What you call "simple" (ie, gauging people on indicators other than money) is in fact a far more difficult process than by simply evaluating a person on the basis of their wealth.

This also has to do a lot with how human philosophy has evolved and is also connected with differences in beliefs in different cultures. The current practice of adopting idolatory behaviour towards the rich has its roots in the very American and capitalistic formula of "ends justify the means". Since America is the pre-eminent Economic, educational and military power in the world, their core philosophies naturally find reverbations in all corners of the world.

If u had said that, I would have kicked u into orbit! however u didn't hence safe

you know what? People are saying this and it is a matter of fact that some of these people(the Naxalites) control large tracts of India. Reflect a little on why things have come to such a pass.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ritwik said:
Depends on one's point of view really. What you call "simple" (ie, gauging people on indicators other than money) is in fact a far more difficult process than by simply evaluating a person on the basis of their wealth.

I mean a simple evolutionary theory!to explain irrational behaviour!

Ritwik said:
This also has to do a lot with how human philosophy has evolved and is also connected with differences in beliefs in different cultures. The current practice of adopting idolatory behaviour towards the rich has its roots in the very American and capitalistic formula of "ends justify the means". Since America is the pre-eminent Economic, educational and military power in the world, their core philosophies naturally find reverbations in all corners of the world.

Nahh!!
I wouldn't go around beating Americans for all money minded things.It's simply a jealousy look.Although I think that there culture is ONE BIG POOP, but putting blame on Americans isn't right.

And this change of behaviour of humans has been going on from ages in India.The british raj simply acted as a catalyst in this change.And then opening up of economy did it for money and spirit link.

Humans love to compare, to differentiate objects into various compartments, even if the basis of division is imaginary, like it is here.

Ritwik said:
you know what? People are saying this and it is a matter of fact that some of these people(the Naxalites) control large tracts of India. Reflect a little on why things have come to such a pass.

As I said , If u have said it, I would have kicked u into orbit.I expect better things from u. :D

Last edited:

Ritwik

co-founder
Nahh!!
I wouldn't go around beating Americans for all money minded things.It's simply a jealousy look.Although I think that there culture is ONE BIG POOP, but putting blame on Americans isn't right.

Just to clarify, I did not and do not intend to attack Americans for all ills plaguing modern society, such a measure would be reactionary and unfounded. But I do wish to highlight the fact that the world is by and large following the American culture, which I do not think is a "big poop" or anything along those lines.

And would you please expand what you mean by the British Raj being the catalyst for the "change"? That point is a little intriguing.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Ritwik said:
which I do not think is a "big poop" or anything along those lines.
It is.There is nothing better than Indian culture!
If u ever try, every single theory has a reason for its existance, even those old *boring* values.
It's quite an irony that Americans are moving to Indian culture because they think that its allows for solid background for sucessful life(full of hapinnes) while Indians move towards american culture because they think that it provides happiness!(materialistic of course):p

Ritwik said:
And would you please expand what you mean by the British Raj being the catalyst for the "change"? That point is a little intriguing.

Now that's difficult.(because I am in total mood for fun :p, and partly because these things are erased from Indian texts)

Hmmm...
I can't recollect my Ideas.No use serving empty platter to u.I had written an essay on it, but can't recollect it now.
(one reason why I say that it's not mentioned in Indian texts.Indian books focuses too much on revolutions/anger, rather than on effect of B.raj on indian people)

It relates to the white> black and divide and rule.also because of fact that british controlled >70% land all over world, hence portrayed as gods to Indians.And as British,at that time were greedy lot, and their positons (in army) were decided by money. the preception of money and spirit was fuelled world over.

Seems like I gave enough matter to u.Now try figuring it out.While I also start chaining these facts :)

kuttakumar

International Coach
GK -4
2005 Top 20 Global IT Companies :

Rank 1: IBM $61,307.00 ($Million)
www.ibm.com

Rank 2: Microsoft $33,969.00 ($Million)
www.microsoft.com

Rank 3: EDS $20,669.00 ($Million)
www.eds.com

Rank 4: CSC $15,188.10 ($Million)
www.csc.com

Rank 5: Accenture $15,113.60 ($Million)
www.accenture.com

Rank 6: HP $13,778.00 ($Million)
www.hp.com

Rank 7: Oracle $10,156.00 ($Million)
www.oracle.com

Rank 8: Hitachi $9,490.70 ($Million)
www.hitachi.com

Rank 9: SAP $9,313.50 ($Million)
www.sap.com

Rank 10: CapGemini $8,580.90 ($Million)
www.capgemini.com

Rank 11: NTT Data $8,014.90 ($Million)
www.nttdata.co.jp

Rank 12: Lockheed Martin $7,651.00 ($Million)
www.lockheedmartin.com

Rank 13: Atos Origin $7,231.90 ($Million)
www.atosorigin.com

Rank 14: Science Applications $6,720.00 ($Million)
www.saic.com

Rank 15: SYNNEX Corp. Exact value not known ($Million)
www.synnex.com

Rank 16: Ingram Micro $5,092.40 ($Million)
www.ingrammicro.com

Rank 17: QUALCOMM Incorpod. $4,880.00 ($Million)
www.qualcomm.com

Rank 18: Unisys Corporation $4,724.70 ($Million)
www.unisys.com

Rank 19: EMC Corporation $4,358.50 ($Million)
www.emc.com

Rank 20: Affiliated Computer Services (ACS)
$4,106.40 ($Million)

www.acs-inc.com

Courtesy: 2005 Software 500 Magazine and Google

Users who are viewing this thread