Good news TV wise for the Aussies.

sachin said:
what a load of crap!i don't know if you've been watching the news but it's actually been the labour party who's been pushing for things to be taken off the anti syphoning list.liberals have f***ed up this country.we are a joke,

lol

i think its great but i must say channel 7 won't show the whole ODI matches because they would ratehr show prime time shows. But SBS will show full matches but in a fuzzy reception. Overall great news for the AUstralian public and thanks to the 'cricket tragic' PM John Howard.

kodos said:
i think its great but i must say channel 7 won't show the whole ODI matches because they would ratehr show prime time shows. But SBS will show full matches but in a fuzzy reception. Overall great news for the AUstralian public and thanks to the 'cricket tragic' PM John Howard.

sif fuzzy reception :p

anyway, Aus east cost is +10 GMT, west is +8. The games would have to start at about 10 am for it to really invade primetime.

angryangy said:
You know what, your argument is so good, I'm changing my mind.

hey thanks i'm great at changing people's minds, don't ya reckon.it really isn't an argument.just an opinion.i think sbs said that the 1st sesssion will start at 7;30

Take a look at channel 7's coverage of the ashes in 2001. Most matches were mainly shown very late atnight at about 11 or 12 or early in the morning. Im glad that SBSis broadcasting the Ashes because there would be no interuptions.

If Johny cared about the coverage he would have put it on the ABC...

for one main reason is the Government has full control of the ABC, including its board (out of the 10 board members on the ABC board 9 are members of the liberal party, which is in breach of ACCC rules which involves political parties controling sources of media.....funny story a reporter was critized on media watch for plagerism in a report about muslims and the gang rape of teenage girls in west sydney had copied her report from two danish reports word for word, she being a member on the liberal party was put on the board by the government, and removed the presenter of the show)

but the other person on the board is elected by ABC employees and a member of equity (a union for the arts and entertainment)..... and with other people in the company like Kerry O'Brien still battering the government, Johny wants to have the channel closed down (instead he's now got the next best thing full control of the ABC board.

Sorry for going off-track its good to have coverage free to air but with the footy season in full swing i will watch the highlights on fox (during NRL games @ halftime).

Johnny knows little about sport, he says he is a mad St George (NRL) supporter but doesnt know who Ricky Walford one of St George's greatest backs is went he meet him....

Last edited:
Enough of politics. Johny won by a faily large margin anyway, he's a very popular primeminister as the election showed.

groobz said:
Enough of politics. Johny won by a faily large margin anyway, he's a very popular primeminister as the election showed.

name one thing, one policy that John Howard has personally done for the benefit of the Australian public?

And he aint a popular PM the last poll before the election of which person people prefered as PM Howard got 45 and Latham got 42 and no one really liked Latham.

I can name atleast 20 things that Howards done thats f**ked up this country and it doesnt involve anything after Sept 11 2001, after that things got worse for this country....

and dont say enough of politics when you brought it up in the first place.... you did it deliberately to be flamed and flamed you shall be, if you think he's a popular leader wear a t-shirt of him where ever you go and gauge the reaction of people.

*** I Apologize to anyone who I might have ****ed off with this post (exception of groobz), but people who put politics with sport or better yet praise our PM deserves to be flamed, defending the indefensable isnt on ***

Last edited:
are you angry? i don't get angry at you for being a labour supporter. We live in a democracy where the majority rules,, the majority of the people voted howard, by a large margin. I'm happy.

settle down, and don't get so worked up mate, jeez.

Users who are viewing this thread