Gordon Vince's Ultimate Cricket Simulator (SIMULA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sounds

School Cricketer
Hi guys,
I have searched the forums and cannot find anything but just wondered if anyone else used the above DOS game, its pretty old and similar to Cricksim. I know the papers used to use it back in the day as a "what if" tool, seem to remember The Sun and the Daily Telegraph used it for sure.
You can play either 3 day or 5 day games, upto 6 games in a series, but no leagues or records kept.

I still use it and it stands up well with actual results.
It is probably my favourite sim of all time for ease of use etc.

Does anyone know what happened to Mr Vince?
Did he ever bring out a 1 day version or update so you could play 4 day cricket?

thanks

P.S. Planet Cricket has really opened my eyes to cricket games!!!

Cookie Dough

School Cricketer
I don’t think Vince updated it. I might be wrong, though.
Where did you get your copy of Gordon Vince’s Ultimate Cricket Sim? Sorry for not answering your question, but it would really help.

gmd1967

School Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Hi guys,
I have searched the forums and cannot find anything but just wondered if anyone else used the above DOS game, its pretty old and similar to Cricksim. I know the papers used to use it back in the day as a "what if" tool, seem to remember The Sun and the Daily Telegraph used it for sure.
You can play either 3 day or 5 day games, upto 6 games in a series, but no leagues or records kept.

I still use it and it stands up well with actual results.
It is probably my favourite sim of all time for ease of use etc.

Does anyone know what happened to Mr Vince?
Did he ever bring out a 1 day version or update so you could play 4 day cricket?

thanks

P.S. Planet Cricket has really opened my eyes to cricket games!!!
Any chance of sharing the game, I been trying to find it for years ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread