• Graeme Smith

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Michael Clarke

Votes: 23 33.3%

• Total voters

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Clarke Cant Handle Pressures ....It's Smith...
Very dumb thing to say. I said Smith because I think he's better, but to say Michael Clarke can't handle pressure is a bit like going into a bank and asking them if they know where to find a place where you can store your money or take out loans. I wonder if you are used to that feeling of everyone turning around towards you and thinking 'wow, I know people who have no clue, but they try to hide it, he's just parading it as if it is a badge of honour.' I suspect either you are, or you just haven't been observing it when it occurs. It does.

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Clarke Cant Handle Pressures ....It's Smith...

Why didn't you read my post when I bumped this. I said I would like to see a new poll now no one can use the excuse Clarke cant handle pressure, because he's scored 4 hundreds, 5 fifties, 1063 runs and averaged 50 in Australias worst cricketing year for about a decade. Try find a new argument mate, that's the worst excuse you could come up with atm.

I shouldn't have bumped this though, because Smith has pulled miles ahead after his the courage he showed in Sydney. I don't see why though, he hasn't done much better then Clarke since this thread was opened, and hasn't done as good as Clarkes this last series so there's no reason he should all of a sudden go from about 4 votes ahead to 18 just because he batted with a broken finger. It has nothing to do with his batting ability.

Last edited:

Yogy

Club Cricketer
Smith is a great opening batsman and Clark is a great middle order batsman.

We cant compare them.

tech.007

Club Cricketer
when you talk of cricketers speak of what they have done for their teams...SA team has struggled a lot to move to the top spot......It has been Smith's Captaincy......Remove ponting,Hussey,Symonds, from the aussie side and then count the performance Clarke.........Smith has got the strength and leadership.
Clarke is far away from it.

Big Man

Club Cricketer
Such a tough one this.

Smith, what he did to us in Perth in the 414 run chase will be burned in my mind for eternity, as will the two shots Clarke got out to. :mad:

Smith, just. Pup is a class player.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
This is a though one but I'll go with Smith since he's more aggressive and has bit more experience than clarke

tassietiger

International Cricketer
when you talk of cricketers speak of what they have done for their teams...SA team has struggled a lot to move to the top spot......It has been Smith's Captaincy......Remove ponting,Hussey,Symonds, from the aussie side and then count the performance Clarke.........Smith has got the strength and leadership.

We are talking about batting, not captaincy. I don't see how you could possibly consider Symonds anywhere near the cricketer Clarke is. I'm not a huge Clarke fan, but after your embarrassing previous post, I thought you would have snuck away with your head down and your tail between your legs. Clarke has carried the Australian innings a fair few times of late, against the best bowling attacks we have faced for a while. Ponting and Hussey haven't been in the best of form while he's been doing this. Symonds' contribution has been minimal while in the team, and similar while out of it.

As I have said, I think Smith is better. I voted for him because I think he is better than Clarke. But the stuff you're saying about Clarke is indescribably stupid. Before commenting on things, you should try and gain an understanding of them. Otherwise you are best just staying away from the topic.

tech.007

Club Cricketer
don't misunderstand me .....i am not saying that Clarke is the worst batsmen......He is only little bit inexperienced compared to Smith

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I would've thought of Smith as the better player on '06, and still now in '09. I still find Clarke a brilliant batsman, but you're comparing him to someone who's leading South Africa into a new revolution with his all round attitude and gameplay to cricket. Love Clarke though.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
don't misunderstand me .....i am not saying that Clarke is the worst batsmen......He is only little bit inexperienced compared to Smith
I'm not saying you said that. I'm saying that you said that Clarke can't handle pressure, despite proving time and time again that he can handle pressure, and seems to thrive on it. He has regularly rescued Australia from embarrassing totals in recent times, and despite this, it seems that due to being the youngest of the batsmen, you've labelled him an inexperienced player who can't handle pressure.

tech.007

Club Cricketer
i said so because Clarke needs to show more aggression........He can do more then what he is doing..In other words He is more then just a middle line up batsmen......

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Except that Clarke carried our batting order once in India, and now 3 times here against South Africa. To say that he is no good under pressure is a load of bollocks.

rickyp

International Coach
Smith, but not by as much as people are suggesting. Clarke is a very under rated cricketer, his stats compare to Ponting at the same age, and has played several innings under which the rest of the team failed

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
I would say Graeme Smith. Clarke is a class player but he gets out stupidly, He often plays rash shots and gives away his wicket. He also looks very shaky at the start but once he gets in he is brilliant. Smith has improved over the last few years and has corrected his technique against swing bowling and has become increadibly hard to get out. He also chips in a lot which 50's scores his centuries when they count.

Users who are viewing this thread