Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Here you can talk about anything related to F1, or Grand Prix. Watched a bit of it this morning.

The pit stops amaze me- a wheel change in 8.8 seconds!

My dad would get loads of money if he worked that quick!

gold639

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been watching F1 for years.

But I didnt get to watch today's Malaysian GP.Who won?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Alonso won, Truli second, Heidfeld third.

Tyre changes aren't allowed anymore, only unles you get a puncture. And engines have to last two race weekends

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
i suppose Ferrari has delayed the launch of their 2005 car to give others a chance

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Jordan driver Nairan Karthikayan came 11th.Improvement over last time(15th).

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maxkarter said:
Tyre changes aren't allowed anymore,

What ???? :eek:

One of the few things left I actually still liked about F1 has been taken away :boxing

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
If I am correct, same tyres from qulifying or practise, to the end of the race. Ferrari refuse to launch their new car until they get their tyre issues with bridgestone sorted out.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Formula One Racing

I have never been a motor sport fan, but I watched the Malaysian Grand Prix on television on Sunday morning and it was gripping to watch. I always thought Alonso would win, even though he stopped at a Pit Stop and went behind for a while. :)

msamina

Club Cricketer
zimrahil said:
What ???? :eek:

One of the few things left I actually still liked about F1 has been taken away :boxing

I think you are just talking about pit stops. They do stop for fuel. So, that aspect of F1 still stays the same, as far as strategy is concerned.

Maxkarter said:
If I am correct, same tyres from qulifying or practise, to the end of the race. Ferrari refuse to launch their new car until they get their tyre issues with bridgestone sorted out.

You are correct about the tires. Ferrari have been following this strategy of using their old cars for the first few GP's from 2001 onwards. They do this in order to make sure that their new car is very reliable. Only this year, they are suffering because of that decision. They were very competitive in their old car during previous years.

Oh, by the way, I have been watching Formula 1 from 1994 onwards.

bharat said:
Jordan driver Nairan Karthikayan came 11th.Improvement over last time(15th).

Because only 13 cars finished this race while 17 cars finished the previous race. They were certainly reliable. But, it is more kudos to Toyota than Jordan themselves. They have Toyota engines and Toyota were reliable also.

Last edited:

gold639

International Coach
Yeah it was a great performance by Trulli.1st time Toyota have finished in the top 3 right?:clap

msamina

Club Cricketer
gold639 said:
Yeah it was a great performance by Trulli.1st time Toyota have finished in the top 3 right?:clap

Yup. A great result for Toyota. Their first ever podium finish. Anyway, they have been racing in F1 only from 2001 onwards.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
msamina said:
Yup. A great result for Toyota. Their first ever podium finish. Anyway, they have been racing in F1 only from 2001 onwards.

And it's taken them this long to get hold of a good technical director in Mike Gascoinge and look at the progress!

Oh, and Toyota started racing in 2002 not 2001. :D

I personally have been very impressed by Red Bull Racing!

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Isn't RBR just Jaguar bought over? Or did they actually change the engine? Karthikeyan's goal this year will be (a) to beat his teammate Monteiro, (b) earn a few top 10 finishes and (c) try earning at least a point (top 8 finish, I believe). Let's see... Ferrari has made a devastating start to the season but it is good as the competition may actually be open and competitive.

Users who are viewing this thread