FTP: Grand Tournament

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The team with the highest ground capacity to be the home ground?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Fine, but you'll have to come to an agreement on pitch type, Home and Away games I really don't care about. I really don't want to bother with an extra 3 rounds though. Just sort it out.

Why don't you just arrange the draw to try and have an equal split? Besides, for the sake of organisation it's better to have these things set rather than a melee over who gets the home game. Secondly pitch type should be free, no argreement should have to be met, you don't get that in international tours and the like so why this? Play to your strength or try to limit an opponents' strength. Just my 2 cents.

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
Spinsky, If you don't mind I want to take charge of Fixture... I will arrange all fixture where teams have home and away matches. Where Home team have chance to choose pitch and weather condition...

Waiting for your reply...

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Feel like rage quitting atm. In such a bad mood. People to PM me with their thoughts If they want, but it has to be clear. Obviously I can't give everyone 2 home matches but everyone will get atleast 1 home game. Because there will only be 3 group rounds half the teams will get 2 home games and one away match, the other half, one home game and two away matches. Fair enough?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Really doesn't bother me. This is meant to be fun, I don't see why people need to be getting worked up about the choice of pitch.

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
Bczo some team have better pace bowlers while some have spin... It can change the match result... :(

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's being played for FUN. I really don't care that much about the results. Obviously everyone wants to win but there's no need to be seriously involved and worried about a small competition. Some people just take everything over the top on this forum.

Tarzan

Chairman of Selectors
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
Profile Flag
India
I play for win... Enjoyment comes after I win and upset after I loss... Don't know about you.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That post exactly proves my above point. You are just making it too dificult for those organising this. I'd hate to see this not go ahead or get delayed because you are taking it more seriously than it needs to be. This is why organising anything on this forum is a hassle.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
The pitch thing isn't a big issue in the battrick competition, people do what they want and nobody complains about it. I don't see how asking for pitch choice to be free is over the top, it doesn't make organising harder at all.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It obviously is otherwise Spinksy wouldn't be posting the post above. I just don't see what the big fuss is about. It's only a pitch type, it's hardly going to make a massive difference. The better teams will win on any pitch.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
If it was such a huge issue I would've given up running the Battrick competition long ago.... Pitch type makes quite a large difference, a weaker team with some clever orders can cancel out the strengths of a stronger team.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I disagree. Anyway, my point is that I believe there is no point making such a hassle out of something that doesn't matter a great deal. I'd rather just get on with the comp and allow it to be something fun for everyone, including the organisers.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
Wow, cool your Jets people.

Group Fixtures will be done by this afternoon. School now though.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, cool your Jets people.

Group Fixtures will be done by this afternoon. School now though.

Feel like rage quitting atm. In such a bad mood. People to PM me with their thoughts If they want, but it has to be clear. Obviously I can't give everyone 2 home matches but everyone will get atleast 1 home game. Because there will only be 3 group rounds half the teams will get 2 home games and one away match, the other half, one home game and two away matches. Fair enough?

Your kidding me :sarcasm.. This fails.

Users who are viewing this thread