Group F: Ireland, Pakistan, NZ, SL

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I already know what happens tonight:

0.1 Malinga to Redmond No Run, feels for it outside off stump but gets nowhere near it
0.2 Malinga to Redmond FOUR, edged! Redmond gets a thick edge and it runs quickly down to fine leg for 4
0.3 Malinga to Redmond OUT, clean bowled! Redmond has a huge slog across the line and middle stump goes flying

6.1 Mendis to Taylor No Run, Pushes it off the back foot to cover.
6.2 Mendis to Taylor OUT! Shuffles to the leg side, goes for the slog sweep and it gets the top edge and Silva runs in too take the catch. Poor shot from Taylor and so on....

Malinga didn't bowl as an opener in the recent matches.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I would say that Brendon McCullum and Vettori surely will play. Ross Taylor is a doubt. Interesting match actually. In August and September New Zealand will visit Sri Lanka. Whoever loses now would want to make up this loss in that tour.

McCullum has a broken finger and has torn ligaments in his hand. I can't see him playing at all.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It is because of that collision at the final ball of the match against Pakistan, when he unnecessarily bumped into another fielder, when Pakistan needed to score 2 runs of 42 balls?

If that's the case it's McCullum's own fault and it was not a smart thing to do.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
It is because of that collision at the final ball of the match against Pakistan, when he unnecessarily bumped into another fielder, when Pakistan needed to score 2 runs of 42 balls?

If that's the case it's McCullum's own fault and it was not a smart thing to do.

Yeah it was but how can it be his fault. If he had just stood there and let the ball go he would of looked like he didn't care. If anything it is Neil Broom's fault :p He saw McCullum going towards the ball and didn't pull out.

nz0003

International Cricketer
So our teams looking like:

1. Redmond
2. Guptill
3. Taylor/Broom
4. Styris
5. Oram
6. Franklin
7. McGlashen
8. McCullum
9. Vettori
10. Mills
11. Butler

Taylor will hopefully play.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So our teams looking like:

1. Redmond
2. Guptill
3. Taylor/Broom
4. Styris
5. Oram
6. Franklin
7. McGlashen
8. McCullum
9. Vettori
10. Mills
11. Butler

Taylor will hopefully play.

It doesn't actually look that bad. To bad we are playing one of the best T20 teams in the world. We just need one of the batsmen to actually fire and score runs, atleast 70-80.

nz0003

International Cricketer
We need to bowl first, and get Dilshan and Jayasiriya early, then Vettori must bowl well in the middle and try restrict them to around 150. Then we'll see where we are with the bat.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If Sri Lanka make anymore then 150 NZ would find it really hard to chase down. Sri Lanka's bowling is so good.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
lol just earlier in this thread you guaranteed he will play..

Lol really. It's called news buddy, I've seen McCullum play with injuries before but having to bat with a broken finger would be really tough. I didn't know the injury was so bad.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Brendon McCullum is playing. Actually all players are playing in the match against Sri Lanka.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
what are the two semi-final matches guys? and i started liking this new pakistani team.they deserve some praise i guess. And NZ let us down.didn't they?

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
what are the two semi-final matches guys? and i started liking this new pakistani team.they deserve some praise i guess. And NZ let us down.didn't they?

It's SA vs Pak and WI vs SL.

NZ were in a tough group if you think about it. They have always had trouble vs Pakistan in WC matches. Usually Pakistani paceman always rule against NZ. And they are just not good enough to play against Sri Lankan spinners, in fact not many teams can play well against Lankan spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread