Story Hampshire Hawks Swoop for County Championship Glory! (Cricket Coach)

Still mega players are there to bring victory for Hamps...So Hamps can still win the season!!!

Damn it! I'm sorry for this thread going slow at the moment guys, but this heat is taking it's toll on me, and as a result, i've been ill all week. As soon as I get better i'll update it every day like I used to.

evertonfan said:
Damn it! I'm sorry for this thread going slow at the moment guys, but this heat is taking it's toll on me, and as a result, i've been ill all week. As soon as I get better i'll update it every day like I used to.

no prbs!! take care and take ur time mate!!! :cheers

ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Ian Ward: Hello and welcome to the Rose Bowl for the Liverpool Victoria County Championship match between Sussex and Hampshire. This is shaping up to be a real cracker of a game as both sides are hunting to be top of the table. Robert Key's decision to join Sussex instead of Hampshire this week will surely add an extra bit of spice to this already tasty looking game. So the let's not waste time and find out how the toss went. Over to you Nasser.

Nasser Hussain: Well Sussex captain Rob Key won the toss and he chose to bowl first. If you cast your mind back a few weeks ago when he was teh captain of Kent, and he chose to bowl first at the Rose Bowl too, and Knet went on to concede 500 runs and get a hammering. This pitch is a lot more suitable to the bowlers though, and both pace and spin should do well on this pitch today. It looks to be fair enough for batting because it's hard, but there are little cracks on the pitch and just the slightest hints of green, and we could well see some turn and uneven bounce later in the match. Pakistan duo Mushtaq Ahmed and Rana Naved could play a major role in this match, and Shaun Udal and Brett Lee might get a bit of enjoyment out of the pitch too. Given the way KP has been batting recently though, Sussex had better bowl well. Back to you Ian.

Ian Ward: Well there you have it, after the break Hampshire will be batting first here at the Rose Bowl, so join us then.

Match Details:

minihampshirevssussexxj4.png

Last edited:
ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Ian Ward: Welcome back to the Rose Bowl for highlights of the first days play here between Hampshire and Sussex. Well today we have seen Hampshire fail with the bat for the first time this season, as they were bowled out for just 292. Rana Nave-Ul-Hasan returned incrdible figures of 8/64 as Hampshire wickets fell regulary. It could have been a lot worse for Hampshire if it wasn't for a brilliant innings from Adam Gilchrist. The Australian wicket-keeper was at his destructive best, as he smashed 138*, and he formed an effective partnership with bowler James Bruce, who scored a brave 45. Batting wasn't easy for Sussex either as they finished the day on 46/3 with their captain Rob Key already back in the pavillion. Chris Tremlett continued his impressive form as he took 2 wickets and Brett Lee chipped in just before the close of play with 1 wicket too.

End of Play Day 1, Scorecards:

Summary:
minisummaryob8.png

Hampshire First Innings, Batting Card:
minihampshirebattingss8.png

Hampshire First Innings, Bowling Card:
minisussexbowlinggd8.png

Sussex First Innings, Batting Card:

minisussexbattingpm2.png

Sussex First Innings, Bowling Card:

minihampshirebowlingce2.png

Players of the Day:

rananavedon9.jpg

Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan: One of the best bowling performances of the season.

gillyyj2.jpg

Adam Gilchrist: The Aussie was at his absolute best today; Aggressive from the very start and scored a brilliant century.

brucezf7.jpg

James Bruce: The number 10 scored a brave 45 and allowed Gilchrist to free his arms at the other end.

tremlettco9.jpg

Chris Tremlett: The England hopeful took 2 late wickets to get Hampshire back in the game.

Ian Ward: What a days cricket we have had today; There has been runs and wickets galore and this top of the table clash is set to be a real cracker. Don't miss the second days play tomorrow. Goodbye.

Guys, I have started a new ICC recruitment story so I may close this story; Does anybody want me to carry it on? If the replies of 'yes' are overwhelming then i'll continue, but if not then i'll request for this story to be closed.

This is a great story....it will be nice if u can continue this...definitely this team with the mixture of great stars are sure to top the sesaon!!! if u find time u can continue this as well..... Anyways good luck with the new story:cheers

I think you should carry it on, you can't leave it with this match half way through. But its your choice in the end

Users who are viewing this thread