Hatricks

wifler

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone got any hatricks when bowling? I have had 2 wickets in a row in a test match, and 2 in a row a few times in ODI's, but no hatricks as of yet. It was a stat in C2004 in the stats bit of the main menu, but it isn't in C2005 is it? Even though they have introduced the commentary line "...is facing the hatrick ball"

peteee23

School Cricketer
Yep I have with Butcher in a one day match. I didnt realise you had to manually save your profile though so I havent got the stats to prove it! :(

ksduded

Club Cricketer
I won the first my against USA after playing around 30 plus matches.. and my computer crashed before i could save it !!!

Andrew G

Club Cricketer
I've got 2 hat-tricks in a test match using G.McGrath (1st Inns)
and B.Lee (2nd inns). Whenever a new batsmen was on strike
I bowled yorkers, I either got them out by hitting the stumps
or from Lbw's, most were Lbw's but one of them was an inside-edge,
so it was only dumb luck that I got the second hat-trick.
I've tried to replicate it several times, but to no avail.

For me, Glenn McGrath seems the easiest to get hat-tricks with,
I've had a few with him so far, most on damp/green English pitches.

Andrew G.

Savage360

School Cricketer
Got 1 with Shane warne with loads of fielders round the bat 1 bowled 2 caught got 1 with harmison.

gold639

International Coach
Yep, I got a hatrick yesterday, while playing with Tutsi's patch.

Bowling with Warne , I got 3 English batsmen bowled.

GattbWarne4

School Cricketer
Yep, got a hat-trick with Giles vs. the Aussie tail; and the commentary even acknowledged it ! Got the "...is facing the hat-trick ball" line before the 3rd wicket, then something like "and that's the hat-trick" when I got it; Richie didn't sound very excited, but at least it was acknowledged.

wifler

Club Cricketer
cool. Does it come up o nthe stats page? Because Im sure when I looked, under the bowling stats in the hall of fame, it hasnt got anything on hatricks??

The annoying thing about C2004 was, that I got some hatricks in proper matches but the never registered on the stats page :(

wifler

Club Cricketer
Yes it is, its a flaw in the game, the CPU just cant bat on a wet/damp wicket. I just got 3 wickets in one over with simon jones v queensland on ashes tour, but sadly it wasnt a hatrick. I got 2 in a row, which made it 3 and the last ball of the over was a hatrick ball, but I didnt bowl a yorker I bowled and inswinger off stump as the players before couldnt play it well, but this guy defended it :(

Users who are viewing this thread