Have we had this?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Finally my question provides answers to the mystery of game play release which we can expect in mid may

Well, I'd suggest that I didn't say that at all, but you're free to make your own expectations. :)

----------

Chief, how often do u get to play the game? Rather have u played the near finished product recently?

I play it every day.

----------

Does the same apply to batting and/or bowling? I mean revamped or different controls/mechanism?

I'd say: Batting is much like before. Bowling refined. Fielding revamped.

venkniralac

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chief will you able to include a team called "United World XI" in which the players are real people belonging to forums like PC , AC2013. You can select a few tell them to send their photos and include them in game like what the so called unexisiting Gamebience a game developing company did

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Chief will you able to include a team called "United World XI" in which the players are real people belonging to forums like PC , AC2013. You can select a few tell them to send their photos and include them in game like what the so called unexisiting Gamebience a game developing company did

I would love to, but it's a legal minefield. The reason we ran the competition was that there are very specific terms and conditions people need to agree to these days: like contracts giving us permission to use even your name, let alone your likeness! We just thought it was safer to avoid that!

venkniralac

International Coach
but you can do it here were there are no problems i offer my free contract:D

venkniralac

International Coach
yeah just asking because i was part of cricket life which never got released but chief you should do something for us (PC members) like special pre testing of game or some exclusive footage or some exclusive features come on chief :clap:D

Chief

Panel of Selectors
yeah just asking because i was part of cricket life which never got released but chief you should do something for us (PC members) like special pre testing of game or some exclusive footage or some exclusive features come on chief :clap:D

Again, would love to, but it's not my choice. My presence here is outside the remit of my job - I do it because it's very useful stuff for me in order to *inform* my job, but isn't part of it... if that makes sense.

venkniralac

International Coach
you are a perfect marketing guy if i run a company i would offer you a job and whether indian marketers able to enjoy game on the same release date :lol

Chief

Panel of Selectors
you are a perfect marketing guy if i run a company i would offer you a job and whether indian marketers able to enjoy game on the same release date :lol

Lol. "Marketing guy" is something I have never been called. :-)

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Doesnt seem to mention it in the podcast, but can you save field settings so if i start a completely different match there will be a block of saved fields i have set in previous matches?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Chief, Colin and Dutchad have already asked the question around field settings which made online gameplay an exercise in futility in AC09. In nutshell, you came across two variations of the field...

1. A 9-0 off side packed field with bowler bowling yorkers outside off.

2. A field with short cover and short mid wkt, which had magical abilities to catch even well time ground shots :eek: These two field positions were complemented by more fielders inside the ring so only way to score was hit over the top which became a lottery as you had to figure out whether the delivery was a regular one or slower one. And if you add lag which you encounter most of the time online, scoring became a lottery.

Would appreciate it if you could elaborate a bit more how you intend to fix these sort of online gotchas in a future podcast.

srk121

International Coach
I'd say: Batting is much like before. Bowling refined. Fielding revamped.

I know what I am going to post here will get me lots of criticism and banter!, but I am extremely disappointed with this game and the lack of features once again. What we pay for these games in UK i think we do not get enough out of it.

This game only sounds like a update roster with new field editor, likewise IC10 where it was just like a patch sold to us as a totally new game. After reading the above it has put me off even more. :(

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll speak up as someone who liked having hundreds of default field settings and little customisability.

I can't think of many things in a game I'd enjoy less than spending minutes plotting out where the fielders would be going rather than tabbing through a list until something is close enough, and occasionally customising it from there. Having a lot of presets is helpful even if you do have plenty of customisation options.

That said - minor feature question - is there a button to copy the field set up from the other player or bowler? When I'm at the start of the innings with two fast bowlers on, I'd usually have very similar fields for both batsmen at both ends - I wouldn't want to need to set that up 4 times.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I'm calling it chief's procast.:D
Ok chief a quick question, can the ai use these fields like us and will they be smart about it and set real test fields this time.
Anyway thanks chief, sounds great and i will say i'm glad the batting is almost the same as ic2010 as the batting in that game was very good just needs some tweaks.:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread