Help please, cannot start new career

Spot63

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi guys. I’m currently playing in a career mode as just a batter and into 4th season. But today thought I would start a 2nd career as just a bowler so can play two career games. But I can’t seem to start a new career as it says “there is not enough free space”. Apparently I need to “delete other saved data to obtain necessary free space”

There is loads of space on my console itself. Any help appreciated

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
hi guys. I’m currently playing in a career mode as just a batter and into 4th season. But today thought I would start a 2nd career as just a bowler so can play two career games. But I can’t seem to start a new career as it says “there is not enough free space”. Apparently I need to “delete other saved data to obtain necessary free space”

There is loads of space on my console itself. Any help appreciated

IIRC there's restriction on how much space a particular game can use, irrespective of whether you have space available on your console. Looks like you will need to delete some data (e.g., custom stadiums, custom logos etc.) for you to make some space for a new career. But do get a confirmation from Big Ant folks ( @MattW ) before you start deleting the game data.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
IIRC there's restriction on how much space a particular game can use, irrespective of whether you have space available on your console. Looks like you will need to delete some data (e.g., custom stadiums, custom logos etc.) for you to make some space for a new career. But do get a confirmation from Big Ant folks ( @MattW ) before you start deleting the game data.
Is it not just simply a need to delete a saved game somewhere? we get 5 save slots now per game mode i think.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it not just simply a need to delete a saved game somewhere? we get 5 save slots now per game mode i think.

But do "5 games" save limitation includes career as well? If yes, the limit needs to be increased as I can see folks playing 2-3 careers simultaneously.

Spot63

School Cricketer
Only got one game saved in career so nothing to delete there. Thanks for the replies though.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
On Xbox One there is an overall save file size limit across all modes - which means you may need to delete a competition, online, tour, Ashes or casual mode save file in order to start a new career.

On PS4 the save limits are per game mode - as while they have a file size limit, it's larger so allows more saves.

Looks like you will need to delete some data (e.g., custom stadiums, custom logos etc.) for you to make some space for a new career.
To save one stadium/logo the game needs to set aside space to save all of them, which means deleting some stadiums/logos doesn't increase available space (we automatically make stadium/logo save files, so you can't gain space this way)

Users who are viewing this thread