Help wanted - new cricket game...

Krish

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
[color=#000000:post_uid14]Hi guys

My name is Krishnan, and I am head programmer at Nest computers software division(india) , and we are planning to bring out a cricket game. So far we have developed a good game engine with stress on gameplay.I want the comments and suggestions of you users in the following topics :

1. Controls

the controls developed so far in the game are as follows :

batting :
1.bowler at the bowler's mark

batsman can be moved around in the crease using direction buttons.
strokeplay : none

2.bowler starts run up

batsman cannot be moved.
if batting, the bowling cursor just appears as a dot in the pitch , indicating the place where the ball would pitch.

strokeplay: hit o for playing backfoot shot.
hit k for front foot shot
hit m for charging the bowler

3. bowler delivers ball :

getting good timing, hit the direction buttons (as in blc)
to direct the shot, alogwith :

alt : single shot
ctrl : four shot
shift : six shot

bowling:

there are 3 kinds of bowlers :

r/l arm fast (>150 kph)
r/l arm fast med ( between 150, 138 )
r/l arm med fast ( b/w 130 and 120)
r/l arm med ( <120)
and all the kinds of spinners.
spinners ( b/w 110 and 80 )
speeds are only avge ,fast med bowlers will also bowl 130 ks

1.bowler at mark:

hit enter to start run up

2, bowler running up

position the bowling cursor using mouse or arrow keys

: hit shift for top speed
hit ctrl for normal speed
hit alt for slower ball

press for more time to increse/decrese speed

then hit arrow left or right to make ball swing/seam/cut/spin.
pressing arrow for longer time gets more swing/seam/cut/spin.

top/normal speed will seam/swing , slower ball will cut ( eg off cutter or leg cutter ) with a little more bounce.

swing will depend on weather and seam will depend on condition of ball (old ball/new ball )

spin will depend on pitch, wear and tear

pressing shift too long ( for bowling top speed ) will result in no ball. height no balls and wides also implemented.

the bowler's run up will take abt 5 sec for both fast and spin and gives limited time to player to adjust line,length,seam,swing etc. This is to make bowling more challenging and enjoyable unlike other cricket games.

Grafix

the grafics have been made with a good 3d engine, like the one used in NBA live 2003. There are individual player names,faces,textures,fat,tall,short,slim players.
there are 30 international stadia, modelled accurately.
crowds and sounds have been implemented like
I would like to know which graphics card most of you use.

others:

there is generate innings option like blc,
odi tournament upto 5 teams anywhere in the world
including sharjah,toronto,singapore.
knockout tournament 12 countries in knockout tournament.
test series between any 2 countries in either of the two countries
WC 14 countries in any part of the world. ( more than one host country possible )

Commentary.

this hasnt been done , so please tell me which commentator you like best .We are thinking about getting Tony Greig and Ravi Shastri.

So guys, please help me out here.What we are looking for is to bring out a definitive game like FIFA 2002 or NBA LIVE.We want to release a new version every year like these titles.
We are hoping that we get endorsed by the ICC and we can name our game ICC Cricket 200x . Your suggestions and comments will help a great deal to bring out a cricket game that will really imbibe in itself the true spirit and passion of the sport and not disappoint once and for all[/color]

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
[color=#000000:post_uid1]ohh boy an another sh*t

lets get excited ??? 00Wow

so motion caps???[/color]

U

UnderTaker

[color=#000000:post_uid14]oh god

will this be the game we r actually waiting for?

kris the main thing u have take alook at is about cpu a.i.

make sure that the cpu fielding, bowling and batting be realistic. batsmen should have a wide range of shots. generating an innings should give accurate scores regarding to the pitches played. also paying conditions should vary accoring to various pitches.

i think if u r planning to do a serious job, this game can be a agreatest hit. more members in this forum can help u more.

thanx
UnderTaker[/color]

S

sonic

What we are looking for is to bring out a definitive game like FIFA 2002
what :o if thats what you call definitive, then give up now my friend :P just take a peek at a real AWESOME football game like pro evo as a benchmark...fifa 2002 was a load of cack...2003 is better...but this is cricket anyway...how can you base them as a comparison ??? the sky is the limit, thats how a programmer should always think...never dwell on history...BLC is the cricketing benchmark, but thats way past it now in the graphics stakes...good luck for your project though :;): i sincerely hope you make a real fist of it, and that this just isn't another pipe dream :P

B

bomber

So guys, please help me out here.What we are looking for is to bring out a definitive game like FIFA 2002 or NBA LIVE.
Hi Krishnan, Check out the wish list forum, plenty of comments posted there by blc forum members. Lots of good idea's too.

Keep us posted on your update's?

Good luck. :)

sunil ojha

Club Cricketer
Well hope that Krish is not joking here.Do u have any website etc.?? ??? Or any proof so that we can believe you.And as Bomber said there are many ideas suggested by Blc online member plz look there.

Users who are viewing this thread