How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Originally our career mode was to be team/player management based however after a lot of trial and error, and feedback from focus groups, we decided that the career mode needed to be player centric as the team model just wasn?t enough fun for the majority of those who played it. So it's a bit more like "be a pro".

So... here's the bullet points from the game in a raw form:

* You play as One Player - Name Him and Alter his Appearance, give him a nationality and set attributes

* You give your player a Role - batter, bowler, batting all rounder, bowling all rounder

* You start as a 16 year old and go for 20 years

* You are offered Contracts each year with performance related bonuses

* There are 5 Ranks that you must climb - ultimately playing for your International Team

* Skills are increased by playing the game well, or decreased by playing badly, as your skill level increases so will your rank, your rank can also decrease as well.

* Match Types and Lengths of matches increase as your rank increases - with Test Matches only happening in Rank 5

* The game will simulate up until your participation point in any given match, you will also be able to drop in and field as yourself if you wish, or continue to simulate at any time.

* Money you earn is used as a High Score on an Online Leaderboard

* There is also a unique First Person View (as well as 3rd person), we have even integrated Oculus with the PC version and it was awesome, it felt like you were there!!

Is there career mode like manager mode in FIFA 13 and in International Cricket Captain 12.I like to make career as team coach or team manager or captain.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Been busy, just catching up on all this. Ross, sounds incredible as always. As Matt said earlier, EXACTLY what a "career" mode should be... can't wait to work my way up through 20 years of cricket. Thanks for the details.

Unrelated... "Furious 6" ...great film, as was Gatsby. Perfect doubleheader.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...yeah, take that money Ross... like a common whore!

*throws coins*

superfreddie

Club Captain
This is amazing news Ross, great decision in my opinion. I think controlling a team for tournements and leagues is still in the game right?
That for me would be like management mode, picking side, choosing who to bowl, field settings, etc. Only not for multiple seasons.
This game has everything for me now, just want it sooooo badly

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross, how is the itinerary for the "Be a Pro" mode (i.e. 20 years) gets set up? Is there a default 20 year itinerary or can we specify how the itinerary or fixtures should look like?

I mean when we start off the career mode can we specify that we want one tour to Aus, SA & Ind every 2 years, one tour to NZ every 3 years, a World Cup every 4 years, a T20 Cup every 2 years, 15 Tests every year along with a bunch of domestic fixtures (no. of 3 day & 4 day games along with domestic T20 & 50 overs tourneys)? This will add longevity as you can tweak your fixtures as you are going through the "be a pro" mode and also allow you to change the experience every time you start a new career mode.

Saurabh17

Club Cricketer
If i'm being honest Ross I am slightly disappointed by this. I prefer to manage a team as a whole not just 1 player.

Simulating the match until its your turn to bowl takes away the fun. You could be a part time spinner lets say and only bowl a couple of overs in a match.

You have got it all wrong...It's mentioned that we can field if we want to and thus enjoy the match.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just threw a hundred dollar bill on my screen.Just give me the game ross.:yes

I just threw a copy of the game at my screen... we're square :)

Thanks for waking me up guys... not much happening ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

----------

This is amazing news Ross, great decision in my opinion. I think controlling a team for tournements and leagues is still in the game right?
That for me would be like management mode, picking side, choosing who to bowl, field settings, etc. Only not for multiple seasons.
This game has everything for me now, just want it sooooo badly

Yeah, that's still in there. Tour and Competition manager.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's funny how everyone is saying how wonderful this feature is, obviously you've never played Cricket Heroes... has the exact same thing

steve24898141

School Cricketer
update

Hi guys are we getting an update today i might have missed the news sorry if you are repeating yourself :thumbs

Gurjot95

National Board President
I really hope we have dedicated section for International/Domestic rankings in Career Mode atleast if not for whole game. It will make life easier for users to decide from which team we should accept contract offer so we can have high chance of winning cup and therefore more chance of getting noticed by international team. Considering there will team points/rating system, I hope it won't be hard to organize the teams and give them rank through their ratings.

PS: We know that player overall skills will increase as we progress but I also want to know will it also effect team ratings as our team performs better?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Hi guys are we getting an update today i might have missed the news sorry if you are repeating yourself :thumbs

Probably not. Ross mentioned there will be only one more update before the release of the full game. I expect to get the update in two weeks from now.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
THANKS THANKS THANKS ROSS!!!!!

:clap

waiting for this game is like pain in a**!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
THANKS THANKS THANKS ROSS!!!!!

:clap

waiting for this game is like pain in a**!

Know how you feel.... I've been waiting for tweets.... average one tweet per hour... and I haven't learned *anything*

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...well, we've learned the PC social media strategy could do with a little... fine tuning ;) #getnaveenncconthejob

Users who are viewing this thread