How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hmm...though i welcome the change, i have NEVER played be a pro mode in fifa or any other sports game. Always used to play career mode.

I can see why you guys dropped the management idea. It does not work too well for cricket. Bit of a bittersweet thing for me. I was looking forward to the management side. Guess i better start playing be a pro mode from now on to get a better idea of that mode.

As a normal player in the team (not captain) how much of the game can we control?
Can we change a match lineup or get to decide who bowls when?
If not then do i get that option if i am the captain?
Do i get offers to be a captain for a team?
Can i play as a wicketkeeper? You only mentioned the other role.

P.s. i would love to stand in the slips for an entire day when dale steyn is bowling...even in the game :D

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well RLL2 had a team career mode, and it had the option to sign any of the many contracts ;)!!

Well, I don't think a player can make a contract "offer" to the team?

Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
Well, I don't think a player can make a contract "offer" to the team?

Since you were managing the team, you signed that contract as a manager!! That mode in RLL2 was like a manager mode where you could play the matches as well!!

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
And one more question...a very important...

How behind are you guys from your previous deadline to finish the game now? :p a change of this magnitude should have pushed you back a couple of months...unless of course you guys have started working on this a long time ago and are already done.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Fifa does have this.

We should look forward to some exciting news about the domestic teams available in the game on the back of today's announcement.

Seeing how I am yet to be proved wrong with the info I have leaked in the other thread, I am sure we atleast have 4 domestic competitions in this game.

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Unbelievable...:clap this sound like exactly what i wanted ever since i played fifa 09. here's my blank check master. :eek:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And one more question...a very important...

How behind are you guys from your previous deadline to finish the game now? :p a change of this magnitude should have pushed you back a couple of months...unless of course you guys have started working on this a long time ago and are already done.

Yeah, done, it changed a while ago, the only "late" decision was whether to drop the team management mode.

btw the timing of this has nothing to do with the other game, I posted that I would say something about the Career Mode this week, days prior to anyone knowing that 505 would be officially announcing their delay today :p

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Wow! Everything I had wished for! Forget whatever I said before, I'l buy this at any cost; maybe I have to cut down on my short film budget. Now this is how a game would actually sell, when it has substance.

Now to the questions part,

1. If we assign a particular type (batsman, bowler, all rounder) and also have skills varying with our kind of play. Wouldn't it be possible to have a higher batting skill and still be called a bowling all-rounder rather than a batting all-rounder? Will that be automatically decided by the game dynamically?

If we sub for matches, and as we do have injuries, can we expect to be called in to field? Also I hope our selection depends on the way we play rather than play every match. And what happens if you are really bad at even level one? Would you be asked to stop playing cricket?

3. If money is involved, is there MOM and MOTS (You had asked us to wait and watch)? As they involve price money too. And do we have player ratings like in FIFA?

4. Any achievements or special points boost if we field for a whole test without simulating? Or rather any other match?

5. 16 + 20 = until 36 years. We would automatically retire at the end of the 20th season? As I didn't see date of birth tracking? And whilst going through 20 years many players would retire, but at what age? Quite some have been playing at 42 at domestic levels. And does the game automatically produce new entries to the national team? And how does it balance out the skill? Like what are the odds of the Ireland team becoming World No.1? I mean dominance for 20 years is not easy if your team is changing.

6. Does my batting position and bowling order change as per my skill and with respect to other player's skills, form and match situation and most importantly is it the 'AI' Captain's decision?

7. Do we get to play for domestic leagues outside my country? And does my contract get renewed only for each year or can I be called up for my national team in the middle of the season?

8. Will we have special orders while we play, if we are not the captain? And if we are the captain, will we have any other power other than choosing the line up and order(batting and bowling), calling at the toss and fielding positions? Do we have captain win/loss record?

Phew. Thats all I can think of right now. Will be back with more. :yes

----------

Yeah, done, it changed a while ago, the only "late" decision was whether to drop the team management mode.

btw the timing of this has nothing to do with the other game, I posted that I would say something about the Career Mode this week, days prior to anyone knowing that 505 would be officially announcing their delay today :p

You know you could just polish up a bit and release it as a DLC. That would be great too.

angad

Chairman of Consent

Good to see you back after your dinner :cheers!!!

Pat

International Coach
Since you were managing the team, you signed that contract as a manager!! That mode in RLL2 was like a manager mode where you could play the matches as well!!

OK, so what according to you would "Accept Contract Offer" mean in Manager mode?

angad

Chairman of Consent
6. Does my batting position and bowling order change as per my skill and with respect to other player's skills, form and match situation and most importantly is it the 'AI' Captain's decision?

Maybe if we can choose our batting position when creating the player...i.e. opener or middle order. If you choose 'Middle Order' your batting position will be dependent on your rating as a batsman as compared to the other batsmen in the side.

----------

Yeah... glued to PC's twitter :)

Lol!!

Whenever you do get some free time, do answer some of our questions. Even if you cant at this moment.....today has been a really good day!!!! :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread