How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
U can relive sachins career

That brings a question to the mind, how fast can you reach International level? Can we actually do a Sachin? I know playing past 36 is not possible but can you start early?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross is there some background information you could give as to why you guys felt that the more management type of career setup wasnt working in a way that could be incorporated into the game?

Will do, certainly hay to discuss it, might even bring a key dev on to discuss deeper.

Ross...if you can, then please do answer the questions I had posted in this thread :cheers:.

I appreciate how fast you got those up there!

Now this is more like a twitter comment but I need to wait for my chips and have some dinner - be back later... You know when :)

sukh

Club Cricketer
Does this game have a gym too? For players fitness?

mattk

Club Captain
This sounds incredible. And with the Oculus Rift! You want me to spend heaps of money on a new PC don't you!

I'll admit that I was looking forward to the 'old' career mode. But I'm pleased that the bar is set very high for the game.

I wonder what the 5 ranks are? juniors, club, state 2nds, state, international? There would have to be heaps of teams.

ajdude

International Coach
is it at all possible to visit the salon on your day off for a phresh haircut and shave? there'd better be manicure mode too

sounak_patra

School Cricketer
Well ...bit disappointed ...I prefer team management.
But we are getting something new in cricket game. Hopefully it will live up to our expectation.:)

AdrianKuiper

Club Cricketer
I've always felt that a 'be a pro' mode only gets implemented if the base of the game is designed very well and close to how the sport plays. For example a 'be a pro' mode would not work for the available rugby games (yet - I hope).
What i mean by that is, if you play as a flanker you have specific roles on the field which isn't the case for the games.

What i am saying is this is good news for gameplay.

LoveBigant

School Cricketer
cool awesome.........I am completely satisfied..there is no need to release any screenshots or gameplay vids now......:clap (keep a u in between my name :) big ant rockzzz.Now it is the time for 505 games to show what they got :lol

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That is correct.

As others have pointed out, we already have the tech and team management worked well on Rugby League, it was not as fun as we would like for cricket and it was hard for it to make complete sense, so it was dropped.

We have set a high quality bar for this game and despite the mode being finished it did not hit that bar.

Ok, fair enough. I was a bit dubious about this decision at first, but the way you've explained it puts me at ease. Clearly, you've made a game that isn't just to make money but also one that you want to play as well, and if you looked at the original career mode and decided that it wasn't something you would want to invest several hours into then I support that decision.

The Be A Pro does sound intriguing, it adds importance to other areas of the game. I mean, the AI captain has to make sure he's sensible in his field placings and decision making, and the AI overall has to be good enough to make sure the simulated parts of the matches are realistic.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Am I the only one here who is also excited to hear about the First Person View Camera? This is something which makes a huge difference while playing and if I am right, even Fifa doesn't have this option.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guess I was right ;)

Accept Contract Offer - This set me thinking. Do we have control of a single player in career mode? I thought it was going to be all about building a team, hiring / firing staff and players, playing and winning etc. However, if the career mode is only for a team, what could this attribute possibly mean?

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2492312-post1.html

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Am I the only one here who is also excited to hear about the First Person View Camera? This is something which makes a huge difference while playing and if I am right, even Fifa doesn't have this option.

Fifa does have this.

We should look forward to some exciting news about the domestic teams available in the game on the back of today's announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread