How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

msplash9

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Be a pro mode in cricket :cheers woooohhooooooo

Best news for a cricket gaming fan . Thanks BigAnt can't wait

rajsvm

Associate Captain
be a pro mode is good i like that but in this mode we cant control all players. if others not do well that will affect the team performance...

Kerrbox

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I am in a happy sad mood after this announcement

I think that it is awesome we get be a pro mode and i cant wait to play as myself and work to the top (as i am 16 now)

the down side is that after playing rll2 and seeing the depth in career mode i was looking forward to that more than anything else. I remember reading an early career mode post about being able to add custom team to the mode and i was excited because i was going to be able to create my own world of cricket, like cricket coach but with the option to actually PLAY cricket, so to Gone4aDuck who said just get cricket coach, i have it and it and the reason I wanted big ant so much more was the fact i was going to get a Cricket coachish experience with the option to actually hit the ball, ball the ball and catch the ball

i hope there is more to come from big ant on this matter as i am a little disappointed yet excited at the same time if you understand that

angad

Chairman of Consent
And how many times do you think will people be willing to give an answer to a question that they can very easily find out for themselves by reading a post?

Specially when that post is actually the opening post of this thread :lol

D

Dutch

Ross is there some background information you could give as to why you guys felt that the more management type of career setup wasnt working in a way that could be incorporated into the game?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
That all sounds like exactly what I wanted out of a career mode. Fantastic news.

Now when can I give you piles of money to get the game?

D

Dutch

Well to be able to play a player through the ranks over a period of twenty years is unbelievable.....the stats man, think of the stats.....

Gurjot95

National Board President
That's terrific news, always waited for Be a Pro in a Cricket game. I know I might be asking useless question but I don't quite get it from first post, does Be a Pro only mean controlling a player. I mean as Angad said, will the decisions that is taken by our team captain/coach will be taken by AI? Would be great if that's true because it's serves the purpose of Be a Pro mode :)

Also, if I am assuming right that you already had 'Coach' Career Mode in place, can we get this too in future versions/DLC if not with this?

All in all, at the end of day I might be excited more by this news rather than Ashes 2013 releasing screenshots/gameplay videos/info. (Wait.. wasn't this the plan of Ross ;))

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Completing 20 years without simulating matches in a management type career mode doesn't make sense. That would make it way too long. With this mode, we can hope to play 20 years in a rather reasonable time span. That's something that convinces me why this mode is better than the one they had thought of previously. This could also be one of the reasons for scrapping the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread