How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just got made captain of the Western Australian OD team. It's only my third game of my second season. I'm 17 and captain. Surely that must be a record. :cheers

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just finished my first season in career.

I reckon I did pretty well when reading other posts.

FC:
Inn 30
Runs 1310
Ave 43.67
100s 3
50s 7
Ducks 2
HS 140

List A:
Inn 28
Runs 1550
Ave 55.36
100s 2
50s 11
Ducks 0
HS 166

T20:
Inn 9
Runs 497
Ave 55.22
100s 1
50s 4
Ducks 0
HS 111

Selection wise:

View attachment 122838

Go back to Cricket Academy :p

Flapjack

Club Captain
Current tactics for the shorter form of the game, leg glance pace bowlers behind or in front of square, until they move the field, then go down the ground on onside or offside. Spinners I usually push for ones or wait for the wide outside offstump ball.

Keep persevering and find one shot that works for you and defend everything else and then once you have perfected that work in the nets on another shot type.

Took your advice and after a few more failures, made a breezy 46 off 39 balls in a list A game before running myself out aaargh! My list A average is now a healthy 7 :)

Gozmit

Club Captain
sorry ,if already answered, how to start the career using IPL Teams? please someone can briefly explain it.
Thanks.

Offie

School Cricketer
13 County Championship games in at Lancs, 97 wickets at 10.4

Not managed 97 runs yet mind!

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Made my 2nd First class century (116 from 161 balls) followed by another 23 in the second innings which sky rocketed my batting average past 30 :p

danslarterlk

School Cricketer
Finding it really tough at the moment, especially the batting, but that's part of the fun!

Currently with Durham in my first season, having played 2 first class games as a batting all rounder I've scored a grand total of 17 first class runs! I'm currently 26* in my next innings so it's looking up though.

Bowling I'm finding much easier, and managed to take 7-45 in my last pro 40 (50) game, winning us the match. Still managed not to get MOM though as a 61 from one of their batsmen was deemed better. For some reason in the First class game after that my captain decided not to bowl me until they were 500-odd for 4, with graham smith not out on 280. I got him out within a couple of overs though :D

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just scored my first OD 50 got bold on 54 played onto the wicket after that got out 3 times cheaply under 20 :(.

OD Avg of 21
FC Avg of 16

Still first year.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Talking about the batting ingame, anyone finding it easier or better to turn off all the aids for batting? noticed an improvement of my scores from 3/4 runs an innings to 20 - 30 as a number 5 batsman. Not sure if this is because it's taking the premiditation out of the selection, I.e knowing it's a short ball i'll play off the back foot or if it's a good length i'll play front foot. noticed I'm now watching the ball and blocking and trying to build my innings slowly.

The game was designed and coded with the goal being that we would take the focus away from HUD/Assists and make you watch the ball.

The Assists were a last minute addition based on feedback from a focus group, they are good for understanding the mechanics of the control however I believe the earlier you take them away and concentrate on the ball the better you will play the game and the better the experience will be with regard to playing "cricket".

Champ_BD

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
OMG! just got selected to play my first ever international game for my country Bangladesh. This is the happiest moment ever :D

mbgrice

Club Cricketer
A stat I notice that everyone neglects to put in about their career is how many people they've managed to run out. I play for New South Wales and bat at 3 and I sometimes run out Nic Maddinson just for fun if we're going well and he's hogging the strike :p On a serious note, why do you always get the call. IMO if your at the non strikers end and the ball goes in front of square then your partner should call and you have to listen to him.

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Just got my first five wicket haul in my second list A game. Figures of 5-46 off 10 overs; four of those were a bunch of Yorkshire's top batsmen (Lyth, Lees, Williamson and Ballance); Ballance was a first ball (as was Sidebottom, but that's a little less impressive). So far undefeated from two Championship and two "p40" (the game is a little misleading as they are 50 over games, might be worth changing?) games, and in both of them we scored almost 500 runs and had the follow on available! My two ducks and 20 ball 11 didn't really help a huge amount to that; but what do you expect from your number 9 batsman!

e: I'm also now only "a fair way off" from the Sheffield Shield and Ryobi Cup; so I'm not doing too badly!

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Averaging below 30 in all forms now :( Worst moment was when I looked like getting a big innings but the innings was cut short on 78 by a "stumping" off a fast bowler :rolleyes Was trying to cut a short ball which was too close and hit the batsman. The keeper came rushing in, picked up the ball and stumped me despite me pressing O which didn't do anything. After that innings everything went downhill for my career batsman.

Another interesting match was a rain shortened one where it said the game will be shortened to 30 overs but then the opposing team went on to bat 40 overs. But batting after rain was fun as balls raced to the boundary and there was an odd misfield. Overall the game favored batting after rain.

Users who are viewing this thread