How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Well I'm just guessing. I couldn't really imagine why they wouldn't want users to be able to stonewall vs the ai.

I just got my first century :) YaY !!

Congratulations, always a satisfactory feeling when scoring one. My first century happened in a grind fest of a match, I was clean bowled on 101 but the elation of scoring it meant I took it with a pinch of salt. I'd been caught and trapped LBW on 99 twice which happened to be a bitter tasting pill.

Congratulations, always a satisfactory feeling when scoring one. My first century happened in a grind fest of a match, I was clean bowled on 101 but the elation of scoring it meant I took it with a pinch of salt. I'd been caught and trapped LBW on 99 twice which happened to be a bitter tasting pill.

Yeah I thought I will celebrate it with a SIX. Was bowled for 100 after a near nervous wreck :P
This games gives you some amazing satisfaction.
Though knicked it to the keeper for a golden duck in the second inngs....

I just got my first century :) YaY !!

Be careful - in the 30 or so innings since mine, I've averaged about 7. :(

Made a nice start to my test career though. In my second series, we're playing South Africa, and so far I've taken Kallis's wicket once in each of the four matches, haha! :D

Agree with np10, defending is more risky than playing your shots.
I also agree with you, if we defend 2 or 3 bowls consequently on middle stumps. The next delivery have huge change in line and length to beat you so that you can not defend it or get catch out behind wicket and if you chose to hit the delivery, you will be rarely lucky to do that.

I always things that batsman uses defensive shot in two ways.First is to settle on the pitch, after settled start hitting shots as usual and Second is when nothing happened in past for him,low morale, low confidence,hesitates in shots selection.In second case, batsman is in more defensive mode and uses defensive shot as last weapon for his career to get back in form. But in DBC14 misses the second case(defensive shots are more risky than attacking shots) so that is the basically main reason behind low average of batsman in game.

I Bought this game yesterday and started career with Essex. After playing my first over i felt wow this is much more harder than what i thought, I started career as Batsmen at #3 pos.

Oh god Chris Tavare was boring. I mean, if I switch on the tv and Cook and Ballance are batting I'll automatically flip channels to wait for somebody worth watching to get in.

If I switched on and Chris Tavare was batting I'd switch off until he was out of the side. Watching Tavare bat was like having dung rubbed into your eyes for hours at a time.

See, whereas I'm different. I could watch that second innings of Trott and Cook at Brisbane in 2010 on repeat until the end of time. An English version of this game would make the forward defensive more rewarding and automatically nick you off if you so much as attempted an attacking shot before facing 30 balls. Also they'd give an achievement for effective leaves.

I can't even watch Bell very much, and he's a lovely striker of the ball.

To an extent I guess I'm just bored by accumulators. If a batsman isn't going to actually take the bowling on in some sort of way I'm not going to watch unless something's really happening in the game situation. I find watching Cook/Strauss/Bell/Ballance/Robson or any of those sorts of guys make 600 on a flat track just mind blowingly tedious.

Bit harsh on Ballance. He has gears which certainly Trott did not have. Can see your point though. You wouldn't want a team full of 'em (unless you're an England ODI selector and then apparently you do).

Play them together. It's a partnership you'd pay someone to watch for you.

"And so it's lunch on the third day. England, having won the toss and chosen to bat, are 17 without loss ..."

Users who are viewing this thread