How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

pwool06

School Cricketer
I have started a new career with victoria as a opening batsman. I am getting attention for county pro 40 and t20. I haven't made any tons but have only made 2 since buying in the game when it first come out. I'm not the best clearly haha. Any advice anyone could give me about batting would be good I always play off the front foot. My helmet number is 1 and it never moves.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Had a terrible game playing a T20 for the Renegades, we fell to 80 all out, with me top scoring with 34 off 18 at #5, coming in during the 4th over. The top order seems to have problems scoring more than 30-60 (in the last 3 games). Lost 3 games in a row now, won the first one though, but I had to bat my socks off in that one too, scoring 73 off 65. Thankfully my T20 batting average is almost on 25 now.

dharish

School Cricketer
Scored my second ton in ODI.. 2 in 3 games in Veteran Difficulty.. Being an opening batsmen seems to be a little easier to pick gaps.. its risky too as the edges or the aggressive shot doesn't pay off.. but my template for an average of 50 has been play straight or leg side for atleast first few overs (until I reach 50 mostly).. Then start taking odd risks for boundaries when the fielding restrictions are over.. Take singles in the gaps..

My main issue is I scored my second hundred inside 15 overs.. but then fell to a rash shot post 100.. and we just folded chasing 240...! Concentration is the key even after scoring a 100.. I could have scored another 150 or more and taken the team to victory..When I got out, gave a chance to the opposition and we promptly folded.. Hoping for better concentration next time..

lastig

Club Captain
I tend to continue getting out in the 60s. Scored 2 x half centuries yesterday, but always go out in the 60s either lbw or caught behind.

nkarthikn78

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Won Aus T20 League With Thunders.and Motm:cheers
aust20.jpg
t20final.jpg

Won test series againt Sri lanka,NZ,WI.

autocrat

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
IMO, people need to care less about how their team is going in career mode. The better you play in comparison to the rest of your team, the more chance there is of getting MOTM awards and therefore career opportunities. For example, I always make sure I use up any reviews on offer for myself, just in case I am given not out (if batting...if bowling, I use them as well!)

Remember, we work as a team, and we do it my way.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well on the review thing - the AI never uses reviews in career mode, so don't worry about using them up.

lastig

Club Captain
Made a terrible start to my 2nd career season. Was given out lbw in the first innings. When I looked on the review system (which is not available in first class), it showed the ball going well over the top. Scored a duck. Second innings I was leisurely taking a second run when a direct hit from the boundary caught me just short. First innings of my second match I got to 25 before playing the ball onto my stumps. Will see this weekend if I can be more patient and bat for a long period and score that century I have been missing in this career.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Got to my highest score (83) on veteran before playing leg side to a short ball. Stunned that they appealed, more stunned it was given out. No reviews and on my way. Fuming

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Century from a couple of days ago here.

Basically my current thing is trying to make centuries with a 16yo in career on legend with the marker off, scoring evenly around the wicket off all bowling types and without hitting the ball in the air. Although this time I accidentally lofted a cover drive and got six for it.

127.png

pitch map :

127_map.png

skill chart immediately after the innings :
skills.png

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I will go for a different approach... I'm going to start a new career as a batsman with strength as "Off Side" instead of "Front Foot" which is what I chose every time I started previous careers. Hopefully it should reduce the no. of edges while playing to the off side. Plus I figured I should be able to pick front foot skill points much easier than picking up off side skill points, so it's better to go with "off side" strength as I get a bunch of "off side" skill points right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread