How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

convertorboy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just finished my first year. I played a full English County season, becoming a core member. Got selected for WI Test team and captain of Trinidad team. Being Captain is interesting because getting to be hands on with bowling selection and field setting is wonderful and showing results. I'm bowling teams out for cheaper and faster, using my fields to stifle them until they make a poor shot. It seems if the run rate isn't at least 3 the computer takes risks.

Substance

School Cricketer
UPDATE: Wade has still not declared after 350 overs. He's leaving it very late because there is only 10 overs left in the game and we still need 20 wickets. Currently 10 runs away from a 1000 run partnership. I've been dropped 3 times and caught twice, but both were no balls. Once I was caught but the fielder rolled over the rope so it was called 4.
2potsib.png

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
UPDATE: Wade has still not declared after 350 overs. He's leaving it very late because there is only 10 overs left in the game and we still need 20 wickets. Currently 10 runs away from a 1000 run partnership. I've been dropped 3 times and caught twice, but both were no balls. Once I was caught but the fielder rolled over the rope so it was called 4.
2potsib.png
:lol at those bowling figures...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i'm surprised they didn't go into declaration bowling three days earlier tbh

koston54

Club Cricketer
Hey guys, good to see you are all doing so well in your careers. I am struggling a bit as a batsman and only have about 25 hours into the game but I notice that almost all my dismissals are caught behind or in the slip cordon (playing on pro on PC).

I have tried playing lots of front foot and now I am currently playing a lot of back foot (seems to have reduced the edges slightly) but either way either averaging only about 20 runs in almost all formats.

My question is for the people who are in the later stages of your careers (4 years in and more) do the stats you get (i.e. front foot, back foot, off-side) actually help in reducing edges or does it remain the same and the problem is my timing and shot selection?

I know it's impossible to tell without seeing any of my footage and obviously the more you play the better you get, just wanting to see if the stats make a notable difference

Thank you in advance

Arun A B

Club Cricketer
My question is for the people who are in the later stages of your careers (4 years in and more) do the stats you get (i.e. front foot, back foot, off-side) actually help in reducing edges or does it remain the same and the problem is my timing and shot selection?

Thank you in advance

You answered it yourself. Edges mostly occur when you are going for an early shot. Try to go for strokes when bowling off side. Try to watch the bowling speed. If its 120 to 130 with the first delivery, then he is gonna deliver all balls at same pace. So read how fast he gonna bowl and then play your shot. Keeping 3 4 strokes make you to hit a powerful Aggressive shot. Of course in the gaps :D[DOUBLEPOST=1418876413][/DOUBLEPOST]

Update us how many Batting points you got after the match is ended :D

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys, good to see you are all doing so well in your careers. I am struggling a bit as a batsman and only have about 25 hours into the game but I notice that almost all my dismissals are caught behind or in the slip cordon (playing on pro on PC).

I have tried playing lots of front foot and now I am currently playing a lot of back foot (seems to have reduced the edges slightly) but either way either averaging only about 20 runs in almost all formats.

I know it's impossible to tell without seeing any of my footage and obviously the more you play the better you get, just wanting to see if the stats make a notable difference

Thank you in advance
I find that the balls that pitch up to you (still in green length) and just outside off are the ones that get me out the most. Have to be ready to block or leave balls at a second's notice. The jump between amateur and pro is pretty massive... batting on amateur is quite easy, and playing outside off isn't really that dangerous, but on Pro you will edge or miss a lot more balls (especially thanks to incorrect footwork).

Try taking guard on middle stump no matter what... I found that this decreased the amount of edges I got along with getting my timing right.

koston54

Club Cricketer
Thanks for the response guys, looks like I will just need to keep at it and ensure that I am leaving a few more deliveries outside off. Also I don't tend to block often so that is probably another problem.

Green length is where I am edging the most, if it's short and I am front foot drive through the covers and get caught behind then I don't feel bad cause that is more likely going to happen in real life too.
I found amateur too easy and pro almost too difficult. Still loving the game though :)

Also with leaving the ball are you guys actually pushing down the right analogue stick or do you just do nothing, some times when I attempt to press the stick down in a hurry I end up pushing the stick in a direction and nicking it hahah

Also Substance that's an incredible knock you played. What level are you playing on?

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Career Update
Difficulty Legend
Team New South Wales
Left Hand Opening Batsman
Helmet Rating 1

First Class
Matches 8
Innings 16
Not Outs 0
Runs 942
Average 58.88
Strike Rate 80.44
100s 1
50s 9
Highest Score 124
MOTM 2

List A
Matches 7
Innings 7
Not Outs 2
Runs 574
Average 114.80
Strike Rate 120.08
100s 3
50s 0
Highest Score 191
MOTM 3

T20
Matches 7
Innings 7
Not Outs 0
Runs 121
Average 17.29
Strike Rate 145.78
100s 0
50s 1
Highest Score 50
Wickets 1
Bowling Avg 10
BBI 1/10
Econ 5.00
Strike Rate 12.00
MOTM 1

My Last 2 innings in List A

2014-12-18_00005.jpg 2014-12-18_00012.jpg

vikram_101

Club Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Today is the last time i play DBC on my PS3 :)
I will be back when it comes on PS4. Super Excited !! :)

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Completed 1000 runs in FC
1001 in 18 innings
Avg 55.61

Users who are viewing this thread