How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, Next time I'll make such a big score, I'll take the screeshot of the big wheel. TBH, it was not the theory of save again and again as you mentioned. Its was just a case of very strict discipline. Hit in the air when there is nobody on the boundary or fielders are in the circle and just using normal shots when fielders are on the boundaries. Most of my runs came in V, cut to the third man, flicks towards square and fine leg. I barely played in covers as its very difficult for new player and you bound to get more edges that way. [DOUBLEPOST=1420189224][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, Its Pro mode. Just checked.
Don't worry bro, play as you want and like .just make sure to take screen shot of big wheel from next time .
:thumbs

Last edited:

pleasehelp

School Cricketer
Im confused got this the other week and in my first year averaged around 30 in all formats but I would score really quickly and average strike rate was about 300. Should I make a new career with higher difficulty?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Im confused got this the other week and in my first year averaged around 30 in all formats but I would score really quickly and average strike rate was about 300. Should I make a new career with higher difficulty?

No harm in starting a new career at a different difficulty level and seeing how it works for you. If you don't like it you can always revert to the earlier one.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Before RoughSoul goes out to bat...

popeye-eating-spinach.gif

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Please stop this!!The century is getting tired and it needs rest...;)
Bro i have only scored 8 till now,
4 in list a
4 in fc
Finally its very easy to bat in dbc(career mode). :D

thanks to your advice now playing as left hand batsman, those crispy drives through cover looks awesome and what can i say about pulls and cuts. ;)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Bro i have only scored 8 till now,
4 in list a
4 in fc
Finally its very easy to bat in dbc(career mode). :D

thanks to your advice now playing as left hand batsman, those crispy drives through cover looks awesome and what can i say about pulls and cuts. ;)
Yeah playing as left handed is an awesome experience...Good to hear that you like that...:D

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For some reason left handers don't edge the ball as much as their right hand counterparts while playing through the off side. Also, it's easier to play through the off side/cover region as the natural angle of the bowlers gives enough room to left handers to drive through the off side.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
For some reason left handers don't edge the ball as much as their right hand counterparts while playing through the off side. Also, it's easier to play through the off side/cover region as the natural angle of the bowlers gives enough room to left handers to drive through the off side.
No, that's not the case its equal on both sides imo..And the natural angle to hit through cover is the main reason for too many edges and frustration which made me change my game to legside...

If the AI could bowl more like the players in online i.e the good length most of the times with occasional bouncers to surprise the batsman and vary pace at the end of the innings to restrict the runs would be awesome and those straight drives which I am able to play online would be very good for offline play as well because now the straight drive for me has become an edging delivery so I have stopped playing it against fast bowlers...

The_Pharoah

International Coach
how do you guys handle the batting? ie. do you wait for the ball to be bowled before you choose your shot (as IRL) or do you preempt and play everything on say the front foot? I'm still playing front foot shots for fast bowlers but try and wait for the ball against slower bowlers. The silly thing is I sometimes confuse myself with all the buttons and play the wrong shot = out.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
how do you guys handle the batting? ie. do you wait for the ball to be bowled before you choose your shot (as IRL) or do you preempt and play everything on say the front foot? I'm still playing front foot shots for fast bowlers but try and wait for the ball against slower bowlers. The silly thing is I sometimes confuse myself with all the buttons and play the wrong shot = out.
I watch the ball as much as I can but fast bowlers are hard to "watch and play" especially in Legend difficulty so I play leg glance mostly against them....But spinners, medium bowler are easy to watch and play shots accordingly..

Users who are viewing this thread