Your Cricket How do you pick yourself up after a dropped catch?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Can't top what Hauritz did though, 1 wicket left to win the match 15 runs or something, drops the catch and the match. I'd like to know how he managed to pick himself up, of course the worst was yet to come.

Will Browne

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you drop a catch, its going hurt and there's nothing you can do about that. There's also nothing you can do to change what the fact that you've dropped a catch- you need to concentrate on what's ahead. All you can do is just focus on the next ball that's going to come to you and be determined to stop it or catch it. If you are determined that will override any self doubt or nerves and you will be likely to stop or catch nearly everything that comes your way.

Remember- there's always going to be a chance to make up for it. Grab that chance with both hands (literally- two hands are always better than one!).

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well you should always take a catch using 2 hands and only use 1 hand when it is impossible to get there with 2, but then again, some people are better at catching using one hand.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
In the team I use to play for they just use to say don't worry about it. So I guess I just tried to forget about it and move on. Yeah you're annoyed at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread