How to Have Correct Teams in County Championship Divisions?

DanBeats90

School Cricketer
Hi all,

As the title suggests - I want to complete a full county championship season (Div 1 and Div 2) but when I choose County Championship in competitions the two divisions are all wrong; the teams are arranged alphabetically instead of who is actually in Division 1 and Division 2. I have checked the One Day Cup and T20 Blast and the same issues exist there with the two groups.

Any ideas how to sort this? I have looked at creating a custom championship but so far as I can tell there is no way of replicating the formats of any of these competitions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

fezza

Club Captain
I don't think you can even have a tournament with all 18 first class counties. What a mistake... we could play the County championship with correct teams and grounds in EA cricket fifteen years ago.

It is difficult to understand why English domestic cricket is not licensed in the same way as Australia. I can't believe it would cost all that much (in comparison to the ECB national licence) as county cricket and its sponsors need the exposure. It would certainly make the game much more attractive in the UK...Maybe something to consider Cricket 20?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don't think you can even have a tournament with all 18 first class counties. What a mistake... we could play the County championship with correct teams and grounds in EA cricket fifteen years ago.

It is difficult to understand why English domestic cricket is not licensed in the same way as Australia. I can't believe it would cost all that much (in comparison to the ECB national licence) as county cricket and its sponsors need the exposure. It would certainly make the game much more attractive in the UK...Maybe something to consider Cricket 20?
I doubt having a licensed County Championship would improve sales at all.

fezza

Club Captain
Maybe... but about 90% of the games my friends and I go to are county games. We might only pull in one test or ODI per season... two at most.

EA obviously thought it worthwhile.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Maybe... but about 90% of the games my friends and I go to are county games. We might only pull in one test or ODI per season... two at most.

I think the whole “Big Ant is lazy because they don’t have license x” thing can be given a rest. If you don’t know why they do/don’t have the license, then I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make...

fezza

Club Captain
I'm just suggesting it would be good to have licensed English domestic teams and/or be able to play an 18 team county championship. It has a much bigger audience than the Aussie domestic game.

This is a forum and that's my opinion... just a suggestion for the next iteration of the game.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

By that logic, EA's position for the last 10 years must be that no cricket game is worthwhile.

It'd be nice to have the licenses, I'm sure BA would love to do it, I don't know the reason why they haven't. Common sense would suggest that a small Australian company trying to get licensed content for teams on the other side of the other world (13 more grounds? maybe a minimum of 250+ players?) is firstly going to be incredibly time intensive and secondly, I can't see how the increase in sales would pay for the investment. The idea that county fans that don't buy the game because of county license would seem a stretch to me. If people don't have the game it's probably to down to marketing or availability no because they can't play as a licensed Billy Godleman.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
no but you should be able to have the format in the competition section.2 divisions of 8 teams 3 divisions of 6 teams it can't be that difficult nor to have world cup tourney set in one country.This has been an on going request.At worst you should be allowed to pick the stadiums you want to use in the world cup.The game is great we just want it to be even better.

fezza

Club Captain
I am involved with a first class county - you could probably get ours with not much more than a simple email, a standard legal licensing document and a promise of publicity for the official club sponsors. Did anyone ask? (genuine question)

You would be surprised how well known county players are amongst regular fans. Why do Wisden and other publications give so much coverage to counties? The Blast is all over Sky so they think it is worthwhile too. I think a few more famous county grounds would certainly help even if every team player wasn't licensed.

As many already have a BA game they need to keep adding new licensed content to make players feel they are getting something new for the £50 they spend every time. I guess time will tell.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm just suggesting it would be good to have licensed English domestic teams and/or be able to play an 18 team county championship. It has a much bigger audience than the Aussie domestic game.

This is a forum and that's my opinion... just a suggestion for the next iteration of the game.

You’ve been suggesting things like “ BA couldn't be bothered to do the women's Ashes grounds this time..” and “I can't believe it would cost all that much” with seemingly zero knowledge of the matter...

The merit of wanting the County teams isn’t my issue. The baseless claims as to why they’re not in the game on the other hand...

fezza

Club Captain
Well I suspect I'm one of the few people on here who has actually negotiated sports rights and sponsorship deals so I think I'm more qualified than most to comment on the value of assets. Forums are about opinions. On the question of grounds, they had the women's Ashes grounds last time so why not this?

I am not the only one on here who thinks this game is a rushed job. Basic issues haven't been fixed since the first iteration (see the long bug list) I hope people continue to support BA's efforts but they are not above criticism.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Well I suspect I'm one of the few people on here who has actually negotiated sports rights and sponsorship deals so I think I'm more qualified than most to comment on the value of assets. Forums are about opinions. On the question of grounds, they had the women's Ashes grounds last time so why not this?

I am not the only one on here who thinks this game is a rushed job. Basic issues haven't been fixed since the first iteration (see the long bug list) I hope people continue to support BA's efforts but they are not above criticism.
You can play the women's Ashes at Edgbaston or Headingley or the other big grounds. It might remove some realism, but playing the test match at Lord's could be even more satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread