'I don't have a chance to play for India' - Bose

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
It is quite hard to believe, Sai, that Nehra clocked 152.

Surely, you would know by now, India have never and probably will not produce a fast bowler?

And the ball that troubled Nick Knight from Shoaib, was very quick, and he expected it.

I remember the over quite clearly from Shoaib to Knight, it started about 158 kph, and then 159, 160, and then 159, 160, and then 163.

So obviously, he knew it was coming, and he did struggle, if he didn't get his bat down in time, that would be an easy catch for the wicket keeper.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Nehra did bowl really quick during the WC 2003. I can confirm that. I remember he bowled one ball around 93 mph but he always between 85-90 mph consistently. He was at the peak of his form and fitness at that stage of his career and in beautiful rhythm - almost unplayable at times. While I don't believe in speed guns all the time, I remember being really excited about his bowling speed just watching on television. He was quick, but unfortunately his fitness never held up and he faded away after that.

As for Indian domestic medium pacers like Ranadeb Bose, i don't think they have a chance to make it into a test side on the basis of their speed alone. They need to do something special.

We desperately need a guy like Ishant Sharma to keep fit all the time and increase his pace as he progresses. Most domestic medium fast bowlers simply fade away after a while. Even Munaf was touted as being the fastest bowler in India by the likes of Arun Lal, but he struggles to hit 120-125 kph let alone the mid 130s.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
If a medium pacer can bowl stump to stump with variations in line, length, swing, and cut, why not?

.Mob

International Coach
If a medium pacer can bowl stump to stump with variations in line, length, swing, and cut, why not?

Exactly, and I doubt he is as slow as Ganguly anyway. This is test cricket, those things always pay off.

ZMario, I reckon Sree could be classed as an out and out fast bowler now is One dayers, hits the 140 mark more or less consistently.

King Cricket

International Coach
Nehra did bowl really quick during the WC 2003. I can confirm that. I remember he bowled one ball around 93 mph but he always between 85-90 mph consistently. He was at the peak of his form and fitness at that stage of his career and in beautiful rhythm - almost unplayable at times. While I don't believe in speed guns all the time, I remember being really excited about his bowling speed just watching on television. He was quick, but unfortunately his fitness never held up and he faded away after that.

As for Indian domestic medium pacers like Ranadeb Bose, i don't think they have a chance to make it into a test side on the basis of their speed alone. They need to do something special.

We desperately need a guy like Ishant Sharma to keep fit all the time and increase his pace as he progresses. Most domestic medium fast bowlers simply fade away after a while. Even Munaf was touted as being the fastest bowler in India by the likes of Arun Lal, but he struggles to hit 120-125 kph let alone the mid 130s.

Ronodev had picked up 5 wkts in that practice match against England. He had picked up 10 wkts in Bengal's last Ranji match against Andhra. He was the highest wicket taker of last year's Ranji. Why are the selectors still neglecting him? I think he is a far better bowler than Ishant, Munaf, Pravvin Kumar, Pankaj Singh etc etc. He has done more than enough to gain a place in the national team. He is also a brilliant fielder and he hardly bowls TOO MANY extras. India need a bowler like him now.

BTW, he can bowl consistently at 130 kph. If you dont believe me watch his bowling at Neo sports or go to the stadium.

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
He's not been given the opportunity to play against big guns, has he? And he's been tormenting the domestic batsmen for ages.

I was referring to the Stuart Clark comment. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I was referring to the Stuart Clark comment. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.
Umm... I'm assuming you were pointing out that the comparison with Stuart Clark was invalid because Clark has actually been successful against top-quality players.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
See, 140 kph, and 130 kph, are not fast. Fast bowling is normally 145 kph+

What's this obsession with fast bowling anyways? I'd rather have someone who can do something with the ball at 130 or 140 rather then short, wide deliveries at 150 that go for four if you touch it.

Who's in for overthrowing the selectors and the PC members taking over? :D I'm pretty that even some of our young members can make better choices then these so called "experts".

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Just look at Pakistan's modern day 'express' bowlers; A fat, arrogant druggie and Mohammad 'Lolz' Sami.

And Pakistan fans have the nerve to criticize India's 'express' bowlers. Lol.

Put it this way; Who's the all-time leading Test wicket taking fast bowler? Glen McGrath. He was mighty express wasn't he?

Users who are viewing this thread