Indian Contracts Announced

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I'd prefer if players were paid on a game-to-game basis, depeding on their performances. This should extend to India 'A' players. Something like a 500 rupees per run with an additional 10K for a milestone or 15K for a wicket taken. 1500 rupees for a catch, 2000 for a runout, 2500 for a stumping, and like 15K per player in the squad if the team wins a match. All rough figures naturally, but something along those lines.

I agree,but the players won't.

Grade 'D' - Momo Kaif..

OMG!

Yeah,thats a bit sad,when once he was touted as the Future Captain to take over from Rahul Dravid.You'd attribute this to the selectors not giving him enough opportunites.He did very well in West Indies in 2006,but was overlooked for the subsequent series.

But,he need not worry.If he signs the contract,he'll get the money without playing a single match.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I really can't see Kaif coming back unless there are lots of injuries (even with the younguns) and/or a horrid trot AND him smashing hundreds after hundreds in Domestic cricket.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really can't see Kaif coming back unless there are lots of injuries (even with the younguns) and/or a horrid trot AND him smashing hundreds after hundreds in Domestic cricket.

Personally, I think there are four batting slots from the current slot open for new people to come in, in about a year or so. The first three are obvious and the fourth is Dinesh Karthik who has really flopped in ODIs with an average of just 23.57 and strike rate of just 70.66.

Kaif is India A captain and just hit 98 today with a long domestic season ahead of him; this is a make or break season for him methinks.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I seem to recall you shafting Kaif quite a bit over the last couple of months based on his performances with India A.

I have been, but that does not mean he is not Grade D standard. Grade D seems to be anyone who may be selected for India but has not been for a while (or ever) and as India A captain, he fits into the bracket.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Kaif is never going to win India too many matches with the bat, I don't think. However, his fielding is awesome and if he averages 33, he'll save at least 10 runs in the field.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Kaif is never going to win India too many matches with the bat, I don't think. However, his fielding is awesome and if he averages 33, he'll save at least 10 runs in the field.

He saves more then 3 boundaries a game!
Saving 10 runs, which is quite good for any cricketer, is actually an understatement for Kaif!
I am a huge fan!:p:)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

I think you are underestimating him to a large extent.
He's decent enough with the bat,just that he does not get enough opportunites to show his class.
He will be the ideal No.5,but ever since he came into Team India,his batting position has been messed up a number of times.

Users who are viewing this thread