Ishant Sharma - The New Indian Star?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes!, Despite of the facts saying he is just 19 and he shouldn't be selected for the international level And He should gain experience, Ishant sharma is quite proving out that he is a star*.

He is More than 6 Feet Tall, Has Shear pace to trouble the batsmen, The Fastest was recorded at 150.7 At The india v Sri lanka match in canberra. It was quite amazing that the first ball he bowled to Jayasuriya in that match who was in a "No-Mercy" Mood; Was quite amazing, It was 149.1, Got a lot of Extra-Bounce, And not only that, Quite Good movement as well. Eventually, He got out Jayasuriya in the very next over he bowled. He also troubled Dilshan at the start. Quite Amazing that he has improved in a quick succession of time from the time he made his debut against bangladesh to claim only one wicket in the test match. Whereas, He is getting 4-5 Wicket hauls recently. He is Just 19;), And satisfies the indians' needs for a good, Fast bowler after sreesanth, pathan and R.P. Singh came in. He could prove out amazingly as well in all the forms of the game. As many fast bowlers have come in, Only few ticked into the indian side as they were considered to be "experienced". Though, Ishant Sharma, Inspite of playing less Domestic matches compared to the others, He's totally proved himself even in fitness.
Even he did proved out the great batsmen in the test matches that he could stand and bat And play some Extra-vagant Shots.

So, Ishant, The Next Legend, Star of indian Cricket? :).:D.:D.

He looks to have a lot of potential. Just be careful not to play him up too much, as I'm sure you will do. He'll go through a bad patch sooner or later because it just happens, and it'll be whether people instantly write him off or get behind him that will get him through.

It's early days. Don't get too excited.

Hold on ... Hold on! It's just a beginning. We have to wait for some time to see his consistency. Remember Pathan? Nehra? Balaji? Zaheer? Indian pace bowlers have a bad habit of struggling a lots after an impressive start to their careers.

Also, he is too skinny as Waquar Younis pointed out. Younis suggested to improve his physique in one of the shows..else, he is easily exposed to all sort of general pace bowler injuries quite easily!

One thing which is common among many fans is... If they see a player performing very well, they will call that player a legend or to replace other top class player. Didn't many of the fans here suggested to play Yuvraj instead of Laxman in Australia test series after that Pakistan series. Then after poor run by Yuvi, everyone started to curse Yuvi. :p Same thing happened to Sachin Tendulkar after that WC2007. I still remember the article which stated, " Sachin can no more dominate!" ;)

Anyways, We have to wait and see how Sharma copes up with his consistency. He is on learning curve and have lots to learn. He definitely has a talent but it have to be triggered in right path. :)

Lolz, typical Indian response, he has a couple of good games and is labelled the next legend, and there steeps the pressue on the lad. He certainly has raw talent though, there's not many bowlers who beat Ponting for pace and he certainly did in the ODi against Australia. He certainly has potential, but i wouldn't get too carried away yet.

Possibly, we have to remember he is playing on Australian pitches, where everything pretty much suites his style of bowling. What will make him a trully good bowler at this age is how he'll do at different venues around the world.

On lifeless and bowler's death mine-like Indian pitches, he has been belted for plenty before, including a certain Manoj Tiwary (just had to add that in, sorry ._.; ).

Edit - Dan, that's the Indian way of thinking, what can you do. :rolleyes:

Well if he continue this he might become one of the worlds best, he looks talented, fit , exciting, tall wich helps him get bounce.

He looks a great prospect for India but they need to take the proper care with him at this early stage. To perform well against Australia in Australia on his first tour as a 19 year old is quite an achievement.
He will have a bit more developing to do such as a delivery that moves away from the right hander which I spotted he lacked in the tests.

India are quite lucky that they have the pace attack that they do with the likes of Pathan, RP Singh, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Parveen Kumar and a few others around domestic cricket in which they can rotate Sharma with.

India also will have to stick with him because he will have his patches of bad form, which can happen to young players.

Its so early days for him...We made Agarkar also star when he took 50 Wickets...And he was big burden to indian cricket...
ISHANT LOOKING so good at the moment,But how he'll take all this experience and how consistently he'll perform this???
But one thing is sure he can be good,he is potentially strong and he has everything which you need to be good fast bowler!!

Looks like the goods to me. New Zealand seem to have found an under 19 star also in Tim Southee. But he hasn't quite proved himself as much as Ishant yet. Ones to keep your eyes on though.

ishant is a very good prospect but he need to prove himself in the longer run,it ll be interesting though once zaheer and rp are back in the fold.

India are quite lucky that they have the pace attack that they do with the likes of Pathan, RP Singh, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Parveen Kumar and a few others around domestic cricket in which they can rotate Sharma with.

It's gonna cause a lot of confusion among the selectors, definitely more so with the batsmen and the keepers, but you can never be spoilt for choices in this game. :)

Irrotev- Southee can really nail those yorkers, I don't think I've ever seen a 19 year old bowl better ones. He's gonna be a good death bowler for the Kiwis.

Yeah he looked impressive in the 20/20s. Bowled well considered you got turned over in them games. Thought he looked very composed and took the pressure very well. Shame he's gone to U19 World Cup really, would have liked to see him in the ODI's but yeah.

I thought he looked pretty decent. Let's hope for India's sake that he doesn't do a Jimmy Anderson.

He is a gun, hate to admit it but hes going to be a gun bowler for the Indians. Only 19 but doing so much with the ball and beating the best players in the world atm. But knowing the tradition, he will have this super start to his career, be hailed, then fall off the wagon and become just another so-so bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread