i exchanged cricket 2005 for brian lara 2005...heres why

ashu2411

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys i dont know about BLIC but i know one thing that c2005 is excellent and i like playing it.

Crux

School Cricketer
fanirama said:
What is wrong with you ?? Do you have amnesia or you're one of those who cannot make up his mind and changes tune easily ?
Didn't you post in the other forums that you love EA Cricket 2005 over BLIC ?
And you said you hardly play BLIC.

See this link --
Your earlier Post

Hah! Make up your mind buddy...although I don't really see it as a choice.
How in blue hell could one like BLIC vis-a-vis C2K5 is beyond me. Wayward bowling, six-hitting at will, very ordinary graphics (well, that's my judgement)...don't think it matches up to C2K5 in any way.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Crux said:
How in blue hell could one like BLIC vis-a-vis C2K5 is beyond me. Wayward bowling, six-hitting at will, very ordinary graphics (well, that's my judgement)...don't think it matches up to C2K5 in any way.

Have you played the game you tool???

Ive played both and i cant stand cricket05....the bugs are so obvious and really ruin the game...You must be one of those EA people i explained that have bought the game and relised that youve forked you doe out for it and its really average

Brightside

School Cricketer
Is the new brian lara an updated version of the old one because that game took so many days of my life.

At the moment the EA games seem very wooden in the batting and graphics. No fluidity. I bought it and still enjoy it but there are major flaws.

Also does brian lara have county teams?

It seemed to get names in the old one why not now?

Crux

School Cricketer
.::Stevo::. said:
Have you played the game you tool???

Ive played both and i cant stand cricket05....the bugs are so obvious and really ruin the game...You must be one of those EA people i explained that have bought the game and relised that youve forked you doe out for it and its really average

Lol, did I say that it was a flawless game?
My point, simply my friend, is that basic 'gameplay' is a lot more important to me than the number of bugs in it. And yep, played the demo of BLIC 2005 umpteen number of times and have the C2K5 for about a month now, and am definitely in a position to make a comparison. And with the patches and A.I. tweaks coming in, C2K5's could only get better, and way better than what BLIC could ever offer.

Anyway, think the "that's my judgement" bit in my previous post should've been highlighted for 'tools' like you.

Last edited:

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Crux said:

Dude. I don't like BLIC and was commenting on Mahesh Babu's post. He first posts that he "loves Cricket 2005 way better than BLIC" and then posts that "BLIC is better compared to Cricket 2005"

angryangy

ICC Chairman
want to play cricket that is more realistic than c2005? splurge out on a bat and a few tennis balls. holy hell, at least its more fun.

geez if youre hanging out for modders to fix c2005, you might as well wait for them to do it to blic as well, its the same deal. if the developers can't produce and support a game that is playable, then it sucks, no matter what is done by third parties.

mawevans

School Cricketer
I've played both games (rented both) on xBox. I've also played both demo's on my PC.
Both games played better in release code than as a demo. BLIC was the more improved (I hate the PC demo, too fast, too quick to change view).

My take having played both games is that they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Sadly, in fact more weaknesses than strengths in both cases (in my opinion)

Cricket 2K5 is slower paced game whereas BLIC much faster game, easier to get into, instant reward.

Because they are so different in their strengths, they are always going to polarize the views. I suspect few people will like both.

If you want to get a quick blast type game, go for BLIC.
If you want a slow (sometimes very slow) but very cricket like game, go for C2K5

(In terms of the FIFA vs. PES comparison, I'd actually say C2K5=PES, BLIC=FIFA in terms of game play)

But don't expect either game to be perfect... Certainly neither game is as much fun as playing real cricket.

Personally, I prefered C2K5 but not being able to save test matches on xBox means I won't be buying it. May pick it up for PC when I can find it cheaper (especially as the AI fixes seem to be improving the game steadily). BLIC just didn't engage me as more than a rental title (may get it for xBox once it's cheap).

Oh, yes, before people start, I'm no EA fan boy. I have more Codemasters games in my collection than EA and I really like some of Swordfish Studio's other work, particularly World Championship Rugby...

Lucky

International Cricketer
GOD!!! Both developers have spent time to produce a cricket game...It is up to PERSONAL CHOICE....Some may like BLIC...Some may like EA sports Cricket 2005..I THINK WE SHOULD LEAVE IT AT THAT.... I Like both games...both are pretty good...Just a pity I can't afford both with my pay... :(

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
90% of the games I own are made by EA. 90% of those of almost bug-free. The 10% of the EA games I own with bugs are the cricket games that only became worth playing after going through several patches made by the mods here at PC. I have been playing BLIC for the past 2 weeks and I have to say its the first Cricket game that was so addictive for me. They obviously worked hard on this and it is certainly made by people who are genuine cricket fans not people who are learning about Cricket as they go along (EA). So I am happy i spent my money on BLIC instead of C2K5. They have enough of my money, time to spend it on a fun as hell cricket game.

As for the people who bought C2K5 because it'd be easier to patch it up, are you rewarding them for their failures? At the same time punishing Codemasters even though they made a pretty decent game for you?

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
But hes right...

I have no idea how some of you can seriously sit through a test match (doesnt matter if u save or not) and actully enjoy it!...

Real test matches are boring enough but at least all the shots are different and has no bugs;) etc etc

And the dude who was judging the BLIC demo to the final version of C2k5...you are a fool

awawaw

School Cricketer
it really is a waste of time arguing about which game is better. each to there own. neither is perfect. they proberbly could both have something the other has. now go away and play which ever one you bloody want to.

Users who are viewing this thread