Which cricket game to buy!

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Different games, if you want a challenge buy Cricket 2005, BLICs batting is as easy as making a sandwich.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thanks everybody. Since we have so many contradictory opinions on this game, I'll just download the BLIC demo and find out whether it's worth buying.

By the way, I'm having trouble staying logged into the forum. This is the third time I'm typing this message!

Sureshot

Executive member
Sureshot said:
Cancelled my order with Gameplay (could've not been dispatched till next Wednesday and they are moving warehouses, i want it disruption free, i'm getting impatient :D ) for it, Play.com have it for same price and in stock so should get i Friday if i'm lucky.

Update popped into Town looked in about 10 shops and none had them on PC plenty on PS2. Ordered it off Play, with a bit of luck might come back tomorrow. Walked back from town, about 3 miles :D

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Brian Lara 2K5 was way too easy & simplistic for my liking. In fact I liked Brian Lara cricket released by Codemasters on Sega megadrive in mid 90s lot better than the 2005 version for PS2.

Sureshot

Executive member
The megadrive one was brilliant, and the original on the PSX. I remember my 580 1st wicket partnership with Sri Lanka :D

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
I loved the mega drive one... in fact for me it's still the best cricket game ever developed. I still have it sowed away as a collector's item and don't allow anyone to come near it :D

That game had everything - simplicity, full range of shots that you could play and it was never boring. Some people will point out that Cricket 2005 has exhaustive range of shots with front foot, back foot & advance shots but how many shotd does one really play? Most of the times you can't get majority of shots like Square cut, square drive, hook, etc. straight and have to rely on a couple of shots to get the runs. In Brian Lara mega drive version you could actually play all those shots and score runs. This way I could play hook or cut shots if it was a short pitched ball and go for cover drive, on drive or straight drives depending on where the ball was pitched rather than limited to the shots you can successfully play.

I haven't played cricket 2004 so can't comment whether it was like the original brian lara game in the sense you can play all the shots for runs. But if it allows you to play all the shots and score I will grab a copy of the game today :)

Maz

County Cricketer
Super International Cricket for SNES...the most entertaining cricket game EVER!!! u should download it on an emulator from somewhere...really is alot of fun

Sureshot

Executive member
Wouldn't be legal i wouldn't have thought Maz.

afla beta, alot of the gameplay patches have made it so the bowlers do change line and length.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
But for folks like me, who play on PS2, still have to live with the same old problems

Sureshot

Executive member
unfortunately yes, i had 02 and 04 on PS2, switched to PC now though.

Rocky

Club Cricketer
C2004 ROCKS. For me, C2004 is my best ever cricket game.

Users who are viewing this thread