ICC 2011. A question or few....

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
After giving the last few versions since iccIII a miss i have decided to purchase 2011. I'm not going to go into my thought's about the game apart from saying it will suffice but I do have a few questions regarding gameplay.

First of all why does my slow left armer turn the ball from off to leg,as opposed to leg to off?

Batting FC/Test: how should I have my batsmen set to get them in. No matter what I try the majority get out cheaply. I've tried starting with 1 bar, 2 bars, 3 bars but can't find any consistency. my way of thinking for example is that batting on a good pitch would allow you to start on 3 bars, but this doesnt appear to work, so then I'll start more defensively to see off the new ball but again this doesnt seem to work.
In the 15 or so games I have played my first session batting score is generally around 70 for 3/4 and I bizzarely seem to get better scores when the pitch has deteriorated!!

Bowling: I'm not too bad at bowling, in fact its my favourite part of the game, probably due to my batting frustration's but would like to know a cople of things.
If i Bowl defensively(2 bars) does this mean I will consistently hit the line and length I am bowling and then if aggression is increased does the ball get sprayed around more? Does it depend on the individual? e.g would a Glen McGrath type bowler on 4/5 bars be as accurate as a super Mitch on 2/3 bars??

Do bowlers have hidden attributes e.g: Can only bowl outswing, can reverse the ball and/ or bowl cutters, bowl better at a certain length or are the all the same?

When a batman is set how low do you generally set the bowling aggression? The way I tend to play is to bowl at 2 bars with the odd aggressive over thrown in. Should I bowl even more defensively, i.e 0/1 bar??

If anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it loads, cheers

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The spin thing is being discussed on the Childish Things forum, hopefully a fix will be issue for that.

Battingwise, I normally just leave them on 2 bars until they're reasonably settled and it seems to work, depending on what team I am.

No idea about the bowling but I guess defensively would indicated more accurately, but less good deliveries? And vice versa

Bowling attributes thing - I'm not sure but I'd say no.

Personally I don't change bowling aggression :p I suppose if you really wanted to take wickets bowl with reasonably high aggression to a batsman's weakness when they're new to the crease? When they're set, continue to bowl to their weakness but don't go overboard with the aggression, and target the other end I suppose

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It says in their profile, or you can hover over the player

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
i downloaded the demo for the game couple days ago and played career mode as NZ, managed to win the test series against AUS 1-0 but struggled in one day series against zimbabwe and lost that series not to mention the 3-0 test series white wash against south africa.

on all the occasions my bowling has let me down, are there any tips on how to bowl well?

oh and btw for the next overseas tour to the west indies i couldn't find a host of bowlers who had played in the summer like martin, mckay etc and ended up taking an average attack...who are surprisingly doing well though.

hanli1995

School Cricketer
I edited a few stats in my 2010 game to make NZ less dismal but what I normally did was bowl at maximum aggression for the first few overs, and gradually lower it depending on how the batsman react. With good bowlers my stock setting was 4 bars aggression and then 3 when the batsman get past 50. I only really used V. Defensive when I was really defending as I felt its always useful to have a slip in.

ODI bowling I kept it at 3 or 2 bars aggression at the start of their innings and then kept it at one. I find that having a slip at all times proves very useful aswell as a leg slip if you are on the attack.

Sorry if this post has been rather confusing and good luck, expecially playing with NZ

Users who are viewing this thread